• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's my Jim Aparo Batman Page Worth?

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

This is my first time posting here, so forgive me if I have any annoying "newbie" habits.

I have a guy (who may be on these boards for all I know) who is interested in purchasing one of my Jim Aparo Batman pages from 1993 (with Batman, Robin Commissioner Gordon, and Jean Paul Valley), and I have no idea what would be a fair price to ask for. 

I've tried looking at some auction houses, and the prices seem to be all over the place from $150 to $3,000 for pages similar to mine.

Any insight you guys can provide would be appreciated 

Here's the page for reference:  https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=734107 

Edited by Murray C

Welcome to the Boards!  I'm afraid I don't know the Aparo market very well, but I'm sure someone on here does. 

But when you say prices go from $150 to $3k, do you mean asking prices or actual sales?  My guess on a non-action page like this one that it might be in the lower to middle range of that spread ($500 - $1500?), but again I'm no expert on this market.

Good luck!

Dan

Hello @Murray C

I actually have Jim Aparo page myself that I purchased on auction. I am a big fan of his work, so I couldn't pass it up. Since you are inquiring about prices for Jim Aparo pieces, I purchased the title page art for Batman #560 for about $900. Given that this was an auction, I would say this is on the low end of the price range for a title splash piece. If you research online art auctions like Heritage Auctions, ComicLink or Romitaman.com, you can see the prince range for his incredible art. I hope this helps and good luck!

1520939570_batman560.thumb.jpg.8e21e482773c64f4d161f63ec284d26c.jpg

batman 560.jpg

Edited by DjMartini
edit info

Tom Mandrake does the inking. It’s a later piece 1993. I wouldn’t auction this piece as I think you’ll actually get less with commission fee deducted.

My educated guess is this is maybe $750-$900

Sell it privately.

Or offer it CGC but in the Comic Marketplace section for art. Has the potential buyer made you an offer? You can PM me and I’ll objectively help you try to negotiate a fair deal!

Good luck

Mike aka 🍇 🦍