• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome “collector” documentary The booksellers.
1 1

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RedGiant said:

Watched this a few months back when I saw your post on IG - great film.  

Does anyone know of a similar feature length doc about comic collectors?  I watch a lot of films, including a lot of docs on comics, but not comic book collecting.  I've looked but can't seem to find one, which seems strange because within the last few months I've watched:

The Booksellers (collectors of old books), Nintendo Quest (guy collecting all 600+ NES games in person acquisitions only and only has 30 days), and Jack of All Trades (about sports card collectors).

Where's the comic collector doc?

That’s a very good question.  There have been some great interviews of dealers over the years at shows like SDCC.  My late friend John Verzyl gave a first class GA overview to one reporter that stands out in my mind. I think there’s a documentary or tattoo infomercial on Chuck Rozanski of Mile High fame.  Certainly the collecting community is rife with material for film consumption. Grading companies would be an excellent documentary topic as well as artist signings, interviews with historians and other comic friendly media events. There are comic history documentaries, but with less emphasis  on the fan aspect of cons.  This is an excellent discussion topic. (thumbsu

We went to a little bookstore in Loveland Colorado after eating lunch.  Loveland hadn't locked down yet.  My wife bought an 1839 bible that was in rough shape but they guy dropped the price 30% and I bought a kids book.  Just about everything they had was hardback and older.  Loved the smell of the place.

Edited, added picture of the book along with the note on the inside cover.  I loved the inscription.

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

Edited by batman_fan