• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

comic books with 3 holes along the spine

6 posts in this topic

I have several comic books with 3 holes neatly punched out along the spine.  They must have originally been stored in a 3 ring binder.

I was wondering how this affects the grade?

I know if the book was originally 2.0 or 1.0, the holes may not have much affect on the grade..?

I am interested in how the holes affect the grade if the book was otherwise a higher grade, such as 8.0, 7.0, 6.0, 5.0?

On 7/12/2020 at 6:23 AM, Pukie said:

I have several comic books with 3 holes neatly punched out along the spine.  They must have originally been stored in a 3 ring binder.

I know if the book was originally 2.0 or 1.0, the holes may not have much affect on the grade..?

I am interested in how the holes affect the grade if the book was otherwise a higher grade, such as 8.0, 7.0, 6.0, 5.0?

There's some great information in this thread...

How badly will binder holes effect the grade?

And as you can see, CGC will grade it as either a Universal or Qualified.

H0VFrgVh.jpg

zUcvFjn.jpg

On 7/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, Pukie said:

Each book is different, but Universal 2.5 to 3.0 is a reasonable grade for the 3 hole punch collection. I also like the higher grade Qualified examples...

3 minutes ago, HighAF said:

When I was buying from the CBG, if someone had sold me that B&B in 3.0 without mentioning the binder holes, I would've been mightily pizzed off.

Then again I don't think a detached centerfold should be allowed in 7.0.

I understand completely...