• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM # 300 signed by McFarlane...

15 posts in this topic

Are McFarlane signatures sought after?? Does a signed book become less valueable?? Does anybody know what a CGC 9.4 White or OW ASM #300 has gone for lately?? I'm guessing on the 9.4 part!! Thanks everyone or anyone for your response and time. I will go back to my Lurking now!!

........a signature on the cover lowers the grade of a comic, making it less valuable..................you will probably find a core of collectors who like them, but the problem is verification of the signature................

That's why I have my cgc books signed on the slab laugh.gif The damn case better not crack or I will kill HEHHE smile.gif Signatures are more for your own pleasure. I get all of my "Raw" books signed at the San Diego Convention. If doesn't bother me if someone doesn't want to buy a "signed" book from me since I got it singed for myself to begin with tongue.gif Collect what you like & focus on the $$$ part of comics afterwards. especially if you need more $$$ to buy buy buy like me tongue.gif

Nope. I could have had more slabs signed by Josh Blaylock, Steve Kurth, Michael Oeming,etc fairly easily but I didnt feel like carrying all of the slabbed stuff tongue.gif Artists/writers usually are really cool about signing stuff.

There seems to be no premium put on unverified comic bk creator signatures. Less chance of forgery compared to sports heroes' signatures. How do u prove a bk was REALLY signed by J Kirby unless u were standing in front of him when he signed. A lot of the J Kirby portfolios in the later yrs where signed by his wife for Jack. At least she IS a Kirby. laugh.gif

Signature series is good for authentification of Stan Lee & other signatures. Anyone w/ a computer printer & some software can create their own Cert. of Authenticity in their basement & say this comic was "officially" signed by creator (e.g. Kaluta, G Perez, Wrightson, etc.)

Excellent point Odin? How do those companies that cater to the autograph minded fit into this view, such as Dynamic Forces, or Jay and Company. They have the connections to get those sigs. should we think they are basement COA pirates overall, faking their wares?

On 9/30/2002 at 3:32 PM, Darthdiesel said:

ASM 300 CGc 9.4 White = $50 and that's conservative

20 years later and the difference is $1350.  $50 back in 2002 is now $73.62, so it's appreciated rather well over the years.

7 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

20 years later and the difference is $1350.  $50 back in 2002 is now $73.62, so it's appreciated rather well over the years.

If you are selling a 9.4 at 73dollars62 cents :takeit: