WTB: Marvel Team-Up (various issues) 9.8 white pages
1 1

8 posts in this topic

167 posts
Posted (edited)

Good day, all!!

I am in search of several Marvel Team-Ups (CGC 9.8, white pages).  The list below is what I am seeking currently.  As I get them, I will be sure to cross them off the list...

1, 4-8, 10, 12-13, 16-18, 20-23, 26-28, 30-31, 33, 36-41, 44-45, 47-49, 54, 56-57, 65, 67, 70, 76-77, 81, 86, 93, 96-97, Annual 4 & 6.

Here is a link to my registry for this collection: https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=61710

Thanks for any help you can assist me with.  I refer to GPA for pricing standards.  

Edited by Robert Doggett

167 posts
On 10/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, telerites said:

Thanks, telerites!  I have made a few purchases recently and updated the list of issues I need!  78 has been crossed off the list!

if anyone has any of these or knows of kind people who are willing to part with them, please send them my way!!  

Many thanks!!

167 posts
1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Here's #48 ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392933816023

Definitely recommend you set up a saved search on eBay to alert to to these.  If you're not sure how, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Yeah, he has three of them up for sale.  $375 is a bit steep for those books.  Unfortunately, I can't get them at any cost.  I still need to be reasonable about pricing. LOL  The last sale of that book was $200 in May 2020.

1,740 posts
4 hours ago, Robert Doggett said:

Yeah, he has three of them up for sale.  $375 is a bit steep for those books.  Unfortunately, I can't get them at any cost.  I still need to be reasonable about pricing. LOL  The last sale of that book was $200 in May 2020.

I hear you.  I just set off on a quest to upgrade some of my Bronze Age books from 9.4 to 9.6.  I made my list and did all my searches and compiled a list of matches.  Most sellers ask way above GPA even for ordinary books in the run.  I've found it takes patience -- to find sellers willing to accept fair offers, or sellers who list their books at the right price, or auctions.  While high-grade keys frequently outperform (i.e. cost a lot more!) in an auction setting, run-fillers often come in at or even below GPA.  It just takes a while for them to come around.  Best of luck.

167 posts
12 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I hear you.  I just set off on a quest to upgrade some of my Bronze Age books from 9.4 to 9.6.  I made my list and did all my searches and compiled a list of matches.  Most sellers ask way above GPA even for ordinary books in the run.  I've found it takes patience -- to find sellers willing to accept fair offers, or sellers who list their books at the right price, or auctions.  While high-grade keys frequently outperform (i.e. cost a lot more!) in an auction setting, run-fillers often come in at or even below GPA.  It just takes a while for them to come around.  Best of luck.

Agree, Lou!  This is definitely not a sprint!  I've been buying comics since the 70's and have decided to get this run of MTU's and call it quits.  I'll probably go after some silver keys but no runs of anything after this.  Another unfortunately thing, there's someone out there with deep pockets willing to spend 2-3 times more than GPA to get a book that is also collecting MTUs.  This makes it costly for me.  That's just the Doggett luck, I guess! LOL  I'll keep plucking away at it.  ONLY need 67 more! :banana: