• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most underrated DC hero
2 2

Most Underrated DC Character  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is the most underrated DC character?

• Wally West
    • Nightwing
    • Jon Stewart
    • Kyle Rayner
    • Booster Gold
    • Static Shock
    • The Question
    • Captain Atom
    • Other (Please clarify below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/18/2020 at 12:22 AM

18 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Jon Stewart. He was the Green Lantern, to me, as a kid.

I agree with this. The only reason I didn't vote for him was, I always thought the Question doesn't get the recognition he deserves, while Jon at least has the JL cartoon and was in it the entire run.

Martian Manhunter -- he's a "glue" character; top supporting character who has been the backbone of most every incarnation of the JLA. His role in the DCU is sort of akin to a combo of the roles Cap and Hank Pym, in his various identities, have played over the years for the Avengers.  

On 7/13/2020 at 6:08 PM, telerites said:

Your other option does not allow you to write-in.  I voted other but couldn't list a character so my vote -  Phantom Stranger. 

Absolutely agree. But it is hard to write a compelling story about him. The character is best used where the story is wrapped in ethics and morality issues, like in the Second Series,10-25, yet writers keep getting waylaid by his raw power level.

On 8/10/2020 at 5:36 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Absolutely agree. But it is hard to write a compelling story about him. The character is best used where the story is wrapped in ethics and morality issues, like in the Second Series,10-25, yet writers keep getting waylaid by his raw power level.

I love the Len Wein stories.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, telerites said:

Your other option does not allow you to write-in.  I voted other but couldn't list a character so my vote -  Phantom Stranger. 

My favourite DC Character bar none.

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

I know, unless it gets cancelled like the earlier intended repackaging of PS stories covering the Action Comics and Swamp Thing issues.

I’ve preordered a copy. Hope it happens.

On 7/14/2020 at 4:55 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

I agree with this. The only reason I didn't vote for him was, I always thought the Question doesn't get the recognition he deserves, while Jon at least has the JL cartoon and was in it the entire run.

He/she :wink:

Oh, and Alfred IMO.

EDIT: Didn't realise it was a bumped thread.

Edited by Batman

On 7/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

The Question was so great in the JL Unlimited cartoon. He was like this embodiment of a manic conspiracy theory investigator. Almost a representation of the oddness that was Steve Ditko. I wonder if Bruce Timm and Paul Dini wrote him as a kind of homage to Ditko?