• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH (2021)
1 1

130 posts in this topic

Star Wars: The Bad Batch Animated Series Announced

Lucasfilm and Disney+ today announced Star Wars: The Bad Batch, a new animated series coming to the streaming service that spins out of the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The series will debut in 2021. According to a press release, "The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army -- each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose."

Agnes Chu, senior vice president of content at Disney+, says, "Giving new and existing fans the final chapter of Star Wars: The Clone Wars has been our honor at Disney+, and we are overjoyed by the global response to this landmark series. While the Clone Wars may have come to its conclusion, our partnership with the groundbreaking storytellers and artists at Lucasfilm Animation is only beginning. We are thrilled to bring Dave Filoni's vision to life through the next adventures of the Bad Batch."

Star Wars: The Bad Batch is executive produced by Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Brad Rau (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance) and Jennifer Corbett (Star Wars Resistance, NCIS) with Carrie Beck (The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (Star Wars Resistance). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.

This announcement will come as good news to Star Wars animation fans eager to return to that corner of the Star Wars universe, especially after FIloni stated that he doesn't expect to return to The Clone Wars again. "I don't know. Personally for me, probably not," Filoni said. "I have a lot of things I'm excited that we're doing looking forward. I think it's hard because I so appreciate the fan support, and I appreciate just how excited everybody was that we were back. I understand them wanting more and more episodes. The people that worked on it — myself and the team, basically all the leads — they were on the original run, and I think it shows. We're really thankful we got to finish it. But I also think creatively, you always want to move forward."

1 hour ago, media_junkie said:

Ok so I just finished season 7 of the clone wars.  Wow!  The last three episodes were awesome and sad.  How in the world was Dave Filoni not made head of Lucas Film is beyond me.  Dude has some serious Star Wars DNA.

100%. I don’t know how anyone can say, after watching Clone Wars, that he’s not the right person for the job. 

The final episodes of Clone Wars were some of the best storytelling the franchise has offered up. 

Many Star Wars fans might be looking forward to the end of the year, which will see the debut of new episodes of the franchise's live-action series, but in just two weeks, Star Wars: The Bad Batch will be premiering on Disney+, a milestone that the series celebrated with a tease of the upcoming adventure. Given how the premiere of the series is right around the corner, and with the animated adventure already earning multiple trailers, this tease didn't offer too many new glimpses at what's in store for fans, so much as serve as a reminder of just how close we are to its debut. Check out the two-week tease below before Star Wars: The Bad Batch debuts on Disney+ on May 4th.

The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army -- each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

Because many of you do not... but should visit the Plastic Crack thread ... lol 

Here you go... 

This was leaked.   It is terribly undersized.  If you are going to have a bad batch shuttle... you need to be able to fit all four members into it. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.30.10 PM.png

Can't wait to watch it after I'm done with meetings. I just sold a book that had been sitting for a while, so question for anyone who has watched..

Spoiler

Is Sana Starros in or mentioned in the episode?

4 hours ago, I like pie said:

Smooth transition from Clone Wars. Loved the first episode except for a certain rebels star voice in the beginning, though it was cool he returned.

I'm making my way through clone wars now (just started really). Should I wait to watch this until I finish Clone Wars series?