• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice for negotiating price
1 1

71 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

If you have never collected truly rare comics, this may sound foreign. But I am here to tell you, that is how rare comics get moved. 

Well yeah, it makes sense for rare comics since any talk of FMV goes out the door. The book in the grade you want will come up once a year, there's no average anyone can make from that, so you pay what you are willing to pay. I do find it pretty cool when I buy a rare GA book and that price becomes the main price on the GPA for a year or two, it's like I set the market (for that one book).

To the OP I truly understand your dilemma, badly wanting a book but not wanting to pay fmv for it.  Thats why, with the exception of two titles, I collect deals and not runs.  Also. my OCD is killing me.  Can you please spell negotiating correctly in the title?

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

To the OP I truly understand your dilemma, badly wanting a book but not wanting to pay fmv for it.  Thats why, with the exception of two titles, I collect deals and not runs.  Also. my OCD is killing me.  Can you please spell negotiating correctly in the title?

know, he canno't chage the speling, its' two dificult too due.

On 7/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, ThothAmon said:

Oups sorry, I am french canadian so that's why I made that mistake :)

10 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

So I finally found a copy of ASM Annual #1

It's a good looking copy graded 4.5 CGC White Pages and not pressed or cleaned !

Very reasonable price of 900$ (not on ebay).

The End :)

ASM_annual_1_1_LI.jpg

And you spent way less money. Glad this all ended well. Also, hello fellow montrealer!

On 7/15/2020 at 9:18 PM, Keys_Collector said:

I know its a common trait for comic sellers but I really can't stand the "make an offer".  As a seller, you should put an asking price to give an idea of a ballpark and you can always place OBO or "open to negotiations" if you are flexible.  I don't walk into a store and ask the Target employee for a price and they say "make me an offer"....car dealerships don't hide the price and then say "make me an offer".  I have to be really interested in a book to give a price but more times then not, i'll just walk away from the deal if i'm presented with "make me an offer" without knowing what the starting negotiation price is.  Usually I find that "make me an offer" translates to "I am marking the book up 25% over FMV".  State your price as a seller and then go from there.

I dunno' if you are making the inquiry it isn't the same as walking into a store. I think in this case the inquirer is obliged to make the first offer. 

On 7/16/2020 at 8:45 AM, ThothAmon said:

It appears your negotating sklills worked!