• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terrible Packing Job but Comic arrived ok - neg. feedback?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

Picked up the below raw Thor comic from an Ebay auction, and it arrived today. It is in a bag with no board, which was thrown into an envelope with 1 piece of cardboard which the bag was not even taped to.  Miraculously, the book is fine, but the packing job is simply unacceptable.  I messaged the seller, but should I also leave a neg/neutral feedback?  Neg. feedback is a killer, for a seller and the book did actually arrive safely...however, future buyers should be informed. Would love to hear opinions.

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

So you want to leave negative feedback because your book arrived safely but you thought the packing was insufficient. Sounds like you are complaining about nothing.

5 hours ago, Will96 said:

I'd leave positive, but note the packing was not great. At worst, I would leave neutral. You got the book as ordered. They just need to improve their packing.

Yep - this makes total sense.  Thanks for the input everyone!  Most importantly, that sweet Mongoose is now mine :cloud9:

On 7/14/2020 at 3:51 PM, Skunkboy said:

Hi all, 

Picked up the below raw Thor comic from an Ebay auction, and it arrived today. It is in a bag with no board, which was thrown into an envelope with 1 piece of cardboard which the bag was not even taped to.  Miraculously, the book is fine, but the packing job is simply unacceptable.  I messaged the seller, but should I also leave a neg/neutral feedback?  Neg. feedback is a killer, for a seller and the book did actually arrive safely...however, future buyers should be informed. Would love to hear opinions.

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

Just send the seller a note explaining your thoughts....and don't buy from him anymore......don't leave negative feedback

I message the seller and tell them thanks but offer it up as friendly advice that it could go south if shipping is done like this in the future. Just say comic fans can be picky and rightfully so. From there, I would leave positive or at worst, neutral feedback. But probably positive. If the seller is newer, I usually give a break. Plus, the book isn't a very expensive one. If someone was selling something of great value (say $100 or more) and it arrived like this, my tone (and liklihood of neutral feedback) would be much higher.