• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do members here produce their *own* art?

172 posts in this topic

Just started a Black Cat piece, which is really just a revisit to an older one by altering her pose. Progression of most of the pencils and a tiny bit of the inks, half and half, and finished inks:

IMG_1190.thumb.jpeg.d719ee6c6e5d1ce712b7f3dfde5f7629.jpeg
IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.4268f1e9340ddda2131c61ede35f7c5a.jpeg
IMG_1209.thumb.jpeg.2c92ef1aa0dfac4f311ffe68e08ae0f4.jpeg

Edited by Daig

Small sculpting side-project, not quite finished yet (some tweaks and general tidy-up still to perform) of Talos from Jason & the Argonauts. Stands at about 9" tall.

Last photo is a screen-capture of the movie, for reasons of comparison.

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

R.jpg

Currently in the process of sculpting Heros the Spartan from the famous Eagle magazine of the 1950s and 60s. Here's a work-in-progress update of where I'm up to on this project. Still lots of work to do on the head, and probably looks a bit peculiar as it now is, but you'll have to use your mind's eye to fill-in the missing areas . . . such as the plume, ears, side-flaps, visor bolts, visor detail and cloaked shoulder area! I've already got a (generic) base for this and the finished bust will be the head, on top of a (cloaked) shoulder area affixed to the base. The single face photo is of a resin cast I made for possible future re-use, should I need a ready-prepared generic face! I'll do a further w-i-p update as and when significant progress merits it . . .

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg