• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1200 budget
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, Wolverinex said:

I LOVE the cover.  So dynamic. If you buy a GSX1,  often you will buy the 94 to complement it.  If you can't afford GSX1, you can buy 94. 

Lastly, its the first  Chris Claremont X-men story beginning his legendary run. 

It's like getting an Amazing Spider-Man #1 if you can't have Amazing Fantasy #15. And the first new X-Men in the regular title is definitely a key, even if it's not their 1st appearance. And with the new X-Men inevitably coming to the MCU, and with a new generation of superhero lovers wanting to get their first appearances, the price is going to keep going up and up.

Edited by Getoutandstayout

Just now, Getoutandstayout said:

It's like getting an Amazing Spider-Man #1 if you can't have Amazing Fantasy #15. But the first new X-Men in the regular title is definitely a key. And with the new X-Men inevitably coming to the MCU, the price is going to keep going up and up.

Absolutely, I  buy every x94 I can find.

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Absolutely, I  buy every x94 I can find.

I saw a mid-grade X-Men 94 at a used bookstore last year for $200, and since I had sold mine long ago, I snapped it up. It's maybe a 6.0-7.0, and I'm mighty glad I have it in my collection again. It sits next to my 4.5 GS X-Men #1 that I picked up last year for $850. :>))

Edited by Getoutandstayout

$1200 is not enough in my estimation.

Keep saving and go for a  REALLY big book, AF #15 or Hulk #1 or something silver.

Bronze I would consider Marvel Spotlight #5 in 9.8, just so damn rare- it will always be in demand.

3 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

$1200 is not enough in my estimation.

Keep saving and go for a  REALLY big book, AF #15 or Hulk #1 or something silver.

Bronze I would consider Marvel Spotlight #5 in 9.8, just so damn rare- it will always be in demand.

I agree on the AF 15.  I am so glad I got my copy when I did and could afford.  I collect mainly GA now but AF 15 has always been the book I would suggest if someone can afford it.  I cannot believe incomplete .5 are going for $7K.

I have been out of BA for so long now, I have no idea what $1,200 could get on a higher demand book.

8 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

It's like getting an Amazing Spider-Man #1 if you can't have Amazing Fantasy #15. And the first new X-Men in the regular title is definitely a key, even if it's not their 1st appearance. And with the new X-Men inevitably coming to the MCU, and with a new generation of superhero lovers wanting to get their first appearances, the price is going to keep going up and up.

I did exactly this and have been kicking myself ever since as I watched AF 15 get more and more out of reach...