• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LF Fellow Younger Collectors To Connect With

36 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

You guys don't have a TikTok? I'm sticking to girls then. 

Of course we have TikToks. I just never heard it called that before. 
Sticking to girls makes a lot of sense if you have a TikTok (with some exceptions).

I'm 33 here. 

I started collecting art just about exactly 5 years ago. I was a July or August comic-con and Rob Guillory was there. Chew was probably my favorite book at the time and when saying hi to Rob I flipped through the portfolio on his desk and was flabbergasted that you could buy the original art and bought one of the key scenes from the series. 

I think I'm an unusual case in that I have no childhood connection with comics - except for really like the Batman, X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons. I bought a few issues here or there when I had a few dollars but never got into them or followed a story because a random issue from the middle of the Clone Saga wasn't gonna make me a lifelong fan. None of my relatives were into comics at all so I was never exposed to them much when I was young.  In High School I started reading the Berserk manga and followed a few webcomics - that was it. Then at the end of college I was going on a trip and needed something to read so I picked up a bunch of Marvel Zombies collections which led to do me starting to read the Walking Dead probably around issue 40 and then I just branched out and started reading a lot of stuff.

I'm a very mature 25. 

What?!

What do you mean you don't believe me?

What do you mean my profile says I joined the CGC forum 18 years ago? 

Did you ever stop to think I was a very precocious 7 year old when I joined?

Well DID YA? 

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

I'm a very mature 25. 

What?!

What do you mean you don't believe me?

What do you mean my profile says I joined the CGC forum 18 years ago? 

Did you ever stop to think I was a very precocious 7 year old when I joined?

Well DID YA? 

I thought it possible you may be a precocious 7 year old now :jokealert:

27 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

I thought it possible you may be a precocious 7 year old now :jokealert:

Imma Benjamin MuthaEffin Button this thing!!!!

“LF Fellow Younger Collectors To Connect With”

to quote Ben Kenobi

”we aren’t the collectors you’re looking for” 

TikToc ... that reminds me I need to wind my pocket watch.  What am I doing holding my watch... am I early or late. Hey where’s my meds. Honey there’s a young guy on the steps, says he’s looking for young collectors. Sorry friend, there hadn’t been young collectors since... well since... honey what was I talkin bout... Oh yeah... since we were young collectors

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 7/16/2020 at 12:17 AM, MOStateSuperman said:

It is nice to see some younger collectors here - no offense to anyone who doesn't consider themselves young. I am 33, and I joined these boards at 19. Things were quite a bit different then (community and market) but I don't recall running into many people who were close to my age. I do see younger folks on the FB groups, but the boards here are far better for a chat, in my experience.

I do wish I could get this forum on Tapatalk, but that just means I would probably spend way too much time here. 

Ditto. I'm 31. I think there are quite a few young collectors in this hobby (or at least that is my impression from FB and instagram). 

On 7/15/2020 at 8:52 AM, Real Elijah Snow said:

I don't think I've ever seen a personal's ad here before. 

I'm 15. 

I've only ever been into girls but willing to go full gay for the right pages/covers. 

Hmu on TikTok. 

“Why don’t you take a seat over here.”

I:facepalm:I
C618F33E-6457-44A7-A0FF-FB6F347526F3.jpeg.c6deb0bf87c522539f4b319dae701b5d.jpeg

3 hours ago, Will_K said:

Hansen: In the trunk of your car, the police found cardboard, masonite, a box cutter, packing tape and a Sharpie.  What were you planning to do with that ??

If Chris Hansen appears out of nowhere in your life you’re probably guilty of something.