• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milo Manara Appreciation
5 5

126 posts in this topic

Kind of surprised that there was none, maybe because they were not many..

When I was collecting moderns, I loved picking up Manara Variant covers.  They where different then the stuff that put out with computers.

Show them if you got them..

Also, this was release in Italy last month and probably the reason I started this thread..

2051035569_WonderWoman_VERONA_MiloManara_Cover.jpg.bd303002431ec610eabefdb19bd74358.jpg

I used to not particularly like his work but it has grown on me lately. I am in the market for a graded copy of his Uncanny x-force 5 variant with Psylocke on the cover. I will post a picture of it once I have it in hand. 

7 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:

I used to not particularly like his work but it has grown on me lately. I am in the market for a graded copy of his Uncanny x-force 5 variant with Psylocke on the cover. I will post a picture of it once I have it in hand. 

I know the one, the holy of all hollies..

There are a few on ebay now, a raw one with a decent price.

I have been holding out, I am looking for a 9.8 but don't want to pay ebay tax :flipbait:.

Uncanny-X-Force-5_Manara_Variant.jpg.a7faa86ce574424c08e0f1c2ae9ea00b.jpg

38 minutes ago, SamPool said:

There are a few on ebay now, a raw one with a decent price.

I have been holding out, I am looking for a 9.8 but don't want to pay ebay tax :flipbait:.

Uncanny-X-Force-5_Manara_Variant.jpg.a7faa86ce574424c08e0f1c2ae9ea00b.jpg

That’s the one. I am watching that raw copy on eBay as we speak. I missed out on a 9.6 on eBay about six months ago. Soon though hopefully. 

11 hours ago, SamPool said:

I don’t know if that slip in spelling was intentional or not, but this is the best new phrase i’ve heard in years. Hope you don’t mind if I steal it!

The holy of all Hollies... ^^

19 minutes ago, Will96 said:

Wow. These are great. Not an artist I expected to see doing covers. Amazing.

There are not many, and I was kind of surprised when I saw he had done a cover in Italy for Wonder Woman.  

51 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Manara is a great master. I especially enjoyed his early Guiseppe Bergman stories.

I got into the art, but I guess now I have to check out his earlier stores. :tink:

Crazy coincidence story. I have always liked the uncanny x-force 5 Psylocke variant but have only looked randomly. I have known about Manara but he wasn’t firmly on my collecting radar. After this thread was started I began looking seriously for the x-force 5. I bought a raw copy on eBay yesterday and was planning on posting a picture once it came in. Today as I walked in to my LCS the owner said, “I bought a box of modern variants from a guy off the street and it had these in it. Do you know who the artist is?” I said yes and I’ll take em! Both easy NM. 

A7B92D37-D1A5-458B-AB8C-ABBE0F974C73.jpeg