• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milo Manara Appreciation
5 5

126 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

On a roll with Manara. I found this little gem locally from a collector who had duplicates. Worthy addition to the collection. 

96E35AAC-3026-4D70-89AB-170ECE9DCC82.jpeg

Very nice..

Always great when you find them locally, I fell it is more enjoyable..

36 minutes ago, devald said:

my only 2, but my favorite of his marvel covers 

I have the bottom one, but I have not posted it yet, I am dragging my feet or just drawing this out as there are not many Manara covers.  Which was one of the appeals.

As for the top one, that is a stunning book (if you decide to list it for sale, please let me know).

8 hours ago, SamPool said:

A video I found on YouTube about the Spider-Woman cover.

I love to read the comments at the bottom of the videos to see others opinion’s.

I didn't quite get the drama.... There's far more sexualized covers of female superheros out there. The whole thing seemed more about the guy's past work than this cover....

On 8/8/2020 at 10:37 PM, Will96 said:

I didn't quite get the drama.... There's far more sexualized covers of female superheros out there. The whole thing seemed more about the guy's past work than this cover....

You would think they would know his past works.  I think this was Marvel/Disney wanting to be more pc.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:19 PM, SamPool said:

You would think they would know his past works.  I think this was Marvel/Disney wanting to be more pc.

Especially since he did a cover for Penthouse Comix with a girl in near exactly this pose....

37 minutes ago, Bird said:

lots of Manara, including the original for that Spider-Woman cover, coming up for auction on Heritage in the European auction starting in september and closing in october

22710062%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Wow, I did not know this was in that auction, not I have to keep an eye out for it...

That is a very nice piece to have, I would imagine it is going to fetch a bunch of cash. Wish I had the money for it.

A pair of Guardians Of The Galaxy (2013) #5 Manara Variant Cover..

I need to get around and submit these, they look high grade to me.  They have been sitting in a pile for a few years.

IMG_1714.thumb.jpg.8eb4d87fc60de260d30e4dc766268aad.jpg

On 9/4/2020 at 11:19 AM, Will96 said:

Love the cover. Concerned about that #1.... #1 what? Comic guys love that #1.... Research must show it spurs sales....

I think it was part of a whole DC reboot by Panini Italy.  It was not only Wonder Woman but other titles I see.