• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major dilemma. Art related. Urgent.
1 1

71 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, malvin said:

true, you never explicitly said deal, although "once the OA world get's wind of this and it will be gone fast" implies it's a deal.

And talk is cheap, all that "praise" is just talk unless they buy it.  and unless he lowers his price, it will be sitting there for a long long time.

Malvin

It may. But I don’t think it’s entirely price related if that’s the case. Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I just looked at his site. I was shocked to see he could post—and sell—rough preliminary figures for $24.95. I wonder what he would charge—and sell—for a bag of his garbage? He can keep the recyclable cans and bottles. They may have a deposit value.

Late to the party here, but I don't think you'll regret passing on this (at least for the asking price).  With these things, I always try to keep a perspective of "would I buy if I knew I'd never get more than 50% of my money back on a resell?".  Granted I don't really know Rude's market all that well, but this is such a specific piece that I can't imagine there being too many buyers at any price over say $1.5K.  If you recently picked up a published piece you're happy with, I'd say you're definitely coming out ahead by passing on this one.

It's a nice page but I said 'pass' because OP started out by saying how it was wrong for their collection in a number of ways - basically it'd be an impulse buy that he already stated was way outside of his normal price range.

Impulsebuys should not torpedo your budget - seemed an easy 'pass' from my perspective. Nothing at all against the artist, many would be happy to have the page at a subjectively affordable price.

The more I think about it, they more I think the $5K is just way too much for that. A published Rude World’s finest page of comparable (not sure there is one, though) quality featuring Batman is probably In the $2k to $2.5k range. The pages I have seen from WF Went for about $1200. But they were nowhere as good as this page. Plus, it’s oversized art. 

28 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

The more I think about it, they more I think the $5K is just way too much for that. A published Rude World’s finest page of comparable (not sure there is one, though) quality featuring Batman is probably In the $2k to $2.5k range. The pages I have seen from WF Went for about $1200. But they were nowhere as good as this page. Plus, it’s oversized art. 

Despite the usual expected pile-on, you did well posting here.  More $$ to spend on other OA!

As I posted before, that is why I like auctions.

* No rush to make an impulse decision

* Even if you end up paying more (maybe a lot more) than you want or expected the piece to go for, at least you know another collector wanted it for just a shade less than you paid for it (at least on that day). 

* If it ends up being a piece that you realize you can't live without, you can just pay more money until you win, or realize that you can live without it at that price.

I think you will be glad you passed. Seems like you got caught up in the heat of the moment. Can happen to all of us.

If he lands 5K for that page, he should just recreate the whole issue himself... just to make stacks of cash. When he finishes Dark Knight Returns his next project should be the Killing Joke recreation!

He’s very talented and his work should sell for more, but 5K seems like a major stretch.