• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could keep only one piece of art from your top artists in your collection
2 2

51 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, joefixit2 said:

The answer will of course change from time to time but for right now I would say this death of Jarella page from my favorite artist Sal Buscema.  really impacted me as a kid reading this issue.

hulk 205 pg 27.jpg

The first Jarella story (IH 140 with plot: Harlan Ellison, -script: Roy Thomas, pencils: Herb Trimpe, and inks: Sam Grainger, cover: Trimpe(all)) is my favorite single Incredible Hulk story of all time (I'll admit to not having read Peter David's run). So much so, I got Herb to do a "one-minute later" (TM-Michael Finn).

Incredible Hulk by Herb Trimpe Comic Art

On 7/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, Timely said:

For me it would be this ASM cover by two legends, John Romita Sr. & Joe Sinnott. There are not too many vintage covers with the Green Goblin & this one knocks it out of the park for me.  The dynamic flow & action on this piece is amazing!

Even though this is a Marvel #1, think about how much this cover would be worth if it was apart of the main title run & not a one-off promo comic. Makes me love it even more knowing I didn't have to sell a house to get it! A true value!

asm#1coveraim.jpg

Haven't read the book and now I'm intrigued . . . what did Gobby want the laser drill for?  Looks like he's stolen it from a dentist.  

GenNext_1_8.jpg.7d37fcc08f3cc06ac60a8181b4f72b93.jpg

Number one for me is pretty easily Chris Bachalo. This splash from Age of Apocalypse: Generation Next was THE piece I wanted when I first got into collecting. Who knew I'd stumble upon it so early on and get a good deal. It was also my first international purchase!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=213604

A few other selections

Alan Davis (Own about 30 pieces)

Comics Interview Cover #56 (Paul Neary inks)

1519372447_ComicsInterviewCover56.thumb.jpg.31dc28421dab65bbfc40b0854cf843b8.jpg

Frank Thorne (Own about 2 dozen pieces)

Wizard and Warrior Women portfolio plate #6

419141428_WizardandWarriorWomenportfolio-Ghita(plate6).thumb.jpg.b632080dc71ff4ed30bdc4e04ce31566.jpg

Bill Willingham (Own about 50 pieces)

Ironwood #6 cover

1387364157_Ironwood6cover.thumb.jpg.9849843c80c928c8bede7ab2e2dbb10e.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

18 hours ago, rikemice said:

GenNext_1_8.jpg.7d37fcc08f3cc06ac60a8181b4f72b93.jpg

Number one for me is pretty easily Chris Bachalo. This splash from Age of Apocalypse: Generation Next was THE piece I wanted when I first got into collecting. Who knew I'd stumble upon it so early on and get a good deal. It was also my first international purchase!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=213604

LOVE this Mike. Congrats! It's a stand out among a great collection. Now you can leave some Bachalo Gen X to the rest of us:)

I'm still on the hunt for my #1  page from that series.

4 hours ago, skrilla1212 said:

LOVE this Mike. Congrats! It's a stand out among a great collection. Now you can leave some Bachalo Gen X to the rest of us:)

I'm still on the hunt for my #1  page from that series.

I don't understand "leave some for the rest of us" ;-)