• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miscut/Misprint trading cards
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Figured we needed a topic that focuses on us showing off our various miscut/misprint errors on our trading cards! For me I’ve found 3 through my 5 years of playing MTG: one being a misprint on the Blind Phantom (Red was added in the bottom right area when the card shouldn’t have it) and 2 miscuts for Thalia and the foil Island. Show off what you’ve found or collected!

6D398094-4386-44C9-A34F-DD9F9124C895.jpeg

1FDDB2A8-0461-47BC-BCD0-5D1A3CC37F50.jpeg

12EE7A0E-FEFD-44D2-B5CB-6996A7013E09.jpeg

56FA2672-5CCE-45CE-977E-E9B9902FC1C6.jpeg

879E54BD-B495-4211-83BA-F608408D7889.jpeg

Those sorts of miscuts used to be much more common, in the game's early days. Sometimes displaying almost half of each card. And sometimes only one mat was misaligned, so you'd get a reasonably centered card on the back, with something wacky on the front. I had some fun ones, long ago, but I sold off the whole collection ... sadly, not long before the secondary market really took off. Of course.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:50 AM, Qalyar said:

Those sorts of miscuts used to be much more common, in the game's early days. Sometimes displaying almost half of each card. And sometimes only one mat was misaligned, so you'd get a reasonably centered card on the back, with something wacky on the front. I had some fun ones, long ago, but I sold off the whole collection ... sadly, not long before the secondary market really took off. Of course.

Don't worry, i had complete alpha and beta sets including all cards (yes, black lotus) and traded both sets for Street fighter and I believe super metroid in high school........ YIKES! I wanna redo 

11 minutes ago, Tre Heitman said:

Don't worry, i had complete alpha and beta sets including all cards (yes, black lotus) and traded both sets for Street fighter and I believe super metroid in high school........ YIKES! I wanna redo 

Ouch. My only Lotus was Unlimited. And when I bailed on the game circa the end of the Urza Block, I did get all of TWENTY DOLLARS EACH for my beta dual lands... 

On 7/21/2020 at 7:01 PM, Qalyar said:

Ouch. My only Lotus was Unlimited. And when I bailed on the game circa the end of the Urza Block, I did get all of TWENTY DOLLARS EACH for my beta dual lands... 

Oh my lordy.....As a young videogame nerd I never anticipated card games getting so big, figured that was the ways of the old.. now that I'm old; collectables: I hoard everything and trade nothing, lol.