• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-screen charges questions

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some clarification on the charges for pre-screen process, graded/not graded books, and shipping.

Can you tell me what the total amount shoud be for a submission of 49 books to modern tier at a 9.8 pre-screen, and only 9 of them ended up graded?

I have the $149 membership.

Thanks for your help!

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  If you have specific questions on what you were charged, you should reach out to our accounting department and they can go through your charges with you.  You can reach them by phone at 877662-6642 and follow the prompts for accounting.

The Modern grading tier is $20 per note (plus whatever discount you receive at your membership level). There is a $5 reject fee for books that do not make the minimum grade. 

Thank you!

On 7/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning, thanks for your message.  If you have specific questions on what you were charged, you should reach out to our accounting department and they can go through your charges with you.  You can reach them by phone at 877662-6642 and follow the prompts for accounting.

The Modern grading tier is $20 per note (plus whatever discount you receive at your membership level). There is a $5 reject fee for books that do not make the minimum grade. 

Thank you!

Thank you I will do so!

On 7/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Thank you!

Hi, I followed your instructions and called Accounting. I explained my card was charged twice but I only have one invoice, and that I have a question about the shipping charges.

After the gentleman in accounting found the second invoice I had not received, and confirmed I'd been charged $240 USD for shipping, he felt my other questions were best suited for customer service (I agreed), and transferred me.

I asked the customer service agent about the packing and shipping policies as pertaining to my order.

She assured me that my 9 slabs and 40 raws (pictured below divided into the 2 small boxed shipments, not the regular sized 25 slab box), were shipped according to CGC policy and pricing.

I asked why I was quoted $90 USD for shipping and then charged $240 for shipping.

She stated definitively ( I had her repeat it for clarification) that only 25 books could be put in a box, regardless of how many are slabbed and how many are raw.

Furthermore, she stated (again twice when asked for confirmation) that I had been charged the "old rate of $120" for shipping as I had submitted the order in May.

I replied that my last order of 25 slabs arrived in one large box with a shipping charge of 90 USD, and that was the old rate, not $120.

She assured me she was correct and I'd been charged correctly, and that any box shipped from CGC, regardless of size or weight, was $120 at the old rate, and $180 (maybe$160 can't remember for sure) at current rates. I then again had her confirm the statement that neither size nor weight have anything to do with shipping.

I disagreed on the charges being correct, but did not bother addressing the size/weight/box matter as a policy is a policy, regardless of its validity.

I then thanked her, as she seemed firm in her convictions and hung up.

After hanging up I checked the FAQ page and included a screenshot below, along with photos of both $120 dollar half-sized unfilled boxes.

I've also attached my confirmation email and packing slip, both clearly stating a $90 dollar shipping charge.

I'm simply hoping someone can help me understand the numerous discrepancies in this situation, to help me determine if I've been charged correctly.

Thank you.

shipment1.jpg

shipment2.jpg

cgcshipping7.21.2020.JPG

packingslip.JPG

emailconfirmation.JPG

• Administrator

Good morning.  Since I don't have your customer information, I can't pull up your specifics to verify your charges but if you would like to email that to us along with this information, we can certainly check into it further for you.  You can email us at service@cgccomics.com and we will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning.  Since I don't have your customer information, I can't pull up your specifics to verify your charges but if you would like to email that to us along with this information, we can certainly check into it further for you.  You can email us at service@cgccomics.com and we will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you!

Hi Jennifer,

Email sent as requested.

Thanks