• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When sending in signed comics....

6 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, BeepBeep said:

CGC does not authenticate autographs. The only way to get a Yellow label is to have CGC witness the signing. I would not send those books in if all you want is the signature verified.

Also, the answer to the COA question is that COAs are worthless and CGC says never send them in as they will not be slabbed with the book.

COA's are not worthless for raw books but of course they are when sending in already signed books to CGC.

If I really wanted a graded book already signed then i'd send it in to another grading copy along with a copy of the COA.

Another option is to have another CGC witnessed signature applied and you could then get a yellow/green label graded book with the book at least having 1 verified signature. 

28 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

COA's are not worthless for raw books but of course they are when sending in already signed books to CGC.

If I really wanted a graded book already signed then i'd send it in to another grading copy along with a copy of the COA.

Another option is to have another CGC witnessed signature applied and you could then get a yellow/green label graded book with the book at least having 1 verified signature. 

Agree COA are not worthless, but have no value Or function with relation to CGC grading. 

I suggest getting more familiar with what Cgc SS program is before submitting 

On 7/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, BPhariss25 said:

Just wondering when sending in signed copies of comics I’m planning on sending in some that I purchased from midtown do I submit the COA when I send them in?

Dont send the comics, the signatures will be considered writing on the cover and your comic will come back qualified label. And if you still choose to send your comics, keep your COAs, since CGC will just throw them in the trash.