• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Turns You Off On A Piece
1 1

91 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sfilosa said:

#1 for sure.

I love Jay Anacleto's work in this title. I only own one cover, but would love to own three or four more (if you have one, please sell it to me). :foryou:

That said, this cover has come up twice on ComicLink in recent years and the price is low, but I can't unsee her right arm/fingers. It just looks wrong. Her arms bend awkwardly, and for some reason Jay thickly "outlined" the fingers compared to the rest of her. Her foot in the background looks more like a big finger. I have passed twice as I know that is all that I would see, not the rest of the cover.doh!

RADCE73D20191121_134020.thumb.jpg.1a3970e5ce19e316f8fadb2a3beda9ea.jpg

Dont know about you, but most people wouldn't even notice the fingers..... lol 

1 hour ago, malvin said:

agreed. but I am like that too, once I see a flaw I can't unseen it, and those pig hands make me shudder.

Malvin

“People whose second toe is bigger then their big toe.”

E4AEC0C7-1F98-4983-A1D4-A1D2C74B3A75.jpeg.4f093260aedaaa6f0eafe2a515863270.jpeg

1 hour ago, KPR Comics said:

Unpublished art not disclosed in the title.  Hypothetical example:  "JRJR Daredevil".  Click and find out it's a commission.  :sorry:

Yep!

or worse JRJR daredevil and you click and it’s JRJR daredevil as drawn by Tom Nobody at the Lame O Con 2020.:facepalm:

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

1. post production coloring of Black and White pages.

2. Signatures in the middle of the art, in an intentionally left blank area

3. huge tears through panels.

I agree on all points with one exception.

When these deficiencies occur on a Sal Buscema piece desirability and value actually go up!!!!

This goes against the Critics of the Dark Shadows of Oceana so Like or 🤣 at your own risk.

H8 H8 H8 H8 H8 H8 H8 H8  

Nineteen H8y four

On 7/20/2020 at 12:58 PM, Peter L said:

1. Personalizations to someone else is a deal breaker

2.  Hand colored pieces done after the fact

3.  Mold or fungus because I would be concerned it could spread to other art I own.

4.  Alterations after the fact like the fake paste ups.

Number 1 doesn’t bother me.

Otherwise spot on!!!!

1 hour ago, malvin said:

agreed. but I am like that too, once I see a flaw I can't unseen it, and those pig hands make me shudder.

Malvin

I don’t know what it is illustrating, but are you sure it was a flaw and not a deliberate design choice? The other hand looks normal, and the grotesque shape and position of the bad one is too strange to be accidental.

21 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I don’t know what it is illustrating, but are you sure it was a flaw and not a deliberate design choice? The other hand looks normal, and the grotesque shape and position of the bad one is too strange to be accidental.

That's true. I don't know, maybe she was cursed with pig hands in that issue :)  I like Anacleto and want to replace and example I sold a fe years ago but since I never read that comic (and likely never will) I won't have the context and I won't buy that art (and therefore it is a turn off)

Malvin

1 hour ago, malvin said:

That's true. I don't know, maybe she was cursed with pig hands in that issue :)  I like Anacleto and want to replace and example I sold a fe years ago but since I never read that comic (and likely never will) I won't have the context and I won't buy that art (and therefore it is a turn off)

Malvin

It sold for around $4k. If the arm/hand looked normal, I would have bid at least $6k (probably more). Instead, I just wouldn't want it in my collection. I'm afraid the pig hands might spread like fungus to my other art. :whatthe:

29 minutes ago, sfilosa said:

It sold for around $4k. If the arm/hand looked normal, I would have bid at least $6k (probably more). Instead, I just wouldn't want it in my collection. I'm afraid the pig hands might spread like fungus to my other art. :whatthe:

Can't un-see the gigantic pinkie!  

That's really weird anatomy.  Maybe this particular issue had Dejah dislocating her shoulder, losing her arm below the elbow and having a thark forearm grafted on?:insane:

14 minutes ago, ShallowDan said:

Can't un-see the gigantic pinkie!  

That's really weird anatomy.  Maybe this particular issue had Dejah dislocating her shoulder, losing her arm below the elbow and having a thark forearm grafted on?:insane:

I thought that was her pinkie for a long time, but it is the back of her foot. Still looks really weird. And like I said, he actually outline each finger. Also like that arm was a replacement stat.

6 hours ago, sfilosa said:

I thought that was her pinkie for a long time, but it is the back of her foot. Still looks really weird. And like I said, he actually outline each finger. Also like that arm was a replacement stat.

Good catch. The arm is deliberately bent backward to grab the knife, but the arm length still seems out of proportion.