• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA, WEIRD BITS EDITION IS CLOSED!
3 3

93 posts in this topic

Greetings,   Gang! 

Got  a  regular  thread started over  in   G/S/B,  here's where  all  the weird  stuff  is going to  land. And yes,   I  have  some weird  stuff,  lol

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

SOME OF THE ITEMS  I'M GOING TO  LIST  ARE  GOING  TO  HAVE  INDIVIDUAL  SHIPPING  QUOTES  IN  THE TEXT,  I HAVE
SOME  BULKY  ITEMS  AND SOME  HEAVY  ITEMS  TO  SELL.  BUT I THINK  I  CAN  FIT  ANYTHING  I'M  SELLING  INTO  A 
MEDIUM    FLAT  RATE  PRIORITY  BOX  OF  ONE  SIZE  OR  ANOTHER,  SO  MAX  SHIPPING SHOULD BE  FIFTEEN BUCKS

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

I'm starting out  with  the  coolest  children's book  I've  ever run  across.  Check the  many  pictures  attached,  this one is  wild. 

Gabby  Hayes  Tall Tales For Little  Folks
A Bonnie  Jack-In-The-Box  Book

Copyright 1955, Samuel Lowe Company,  Kenosha  Wisconsin. 

Same format as a  Little  Golden  Book, but if  you  look  at  the front  cover  you'll see  three  round  spots.  Turns out they are little  grommets 
that go through  the  cover,  acting as hinges  for...well,  take  a  look  at  the  pictures.  Every  page  shows  Gabby  dressed  in  another outfit, 
as does the back  cover.   Great fun,  and this copy is sharp.  Touch of  general  wear  on  the cover,  the  interior is bone  white  and  untouched.  
Gabby's hinges  are  gorgeous,   there's  one tiny  tear  on  the  LH  boot,  otherwise  that's  IT.  

I  looked  this up  on  ABE Books,  there are only  three  copies  listed, one taped up  copy  at  $30+,  and  two  about the same  as this one  
at  $85  and $95

I'm asking  $75

gh4stqb.jpg

fM1QJvx.jpg

F51RBa9.jpg

ULXS0oO.jpg

TmdHDOM.jpg

tFBILW6.jpg

Nmwc1Ns.jpg

bIeY4li.jpg

aqinMK3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Black Mask V32 #2, Nov. 1948

Flat, tight,  glossy,  dogear upper  RH  FC, bit of general wear.

Asking $25  SOLD!

2NFAPkT.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Fate V4 #4,  May 1951

Digest  sized. 

Upper spine split  to  first  staple,  otherwise  flat and glossy,  tight spine  and CF, offwhite pages,

Gotta  love   a  nude  woman  on  the  front  cover,  though. 

Asking $15 SOLD!

sdgWPEL.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Black Mask  V30 #2, July 1947

It's HAMMER  TIME!

Just to mix it up,   dogear    LOWER  RH FC,  lol

Otherwise  flat, tight,   glossy,  minor general  wear.

Asking $25

jXEk4Jm.jpg

The Man  From  UNCLE British  paperback

#2,  The Doomsday  Affair,  third print,

Small  tape  pull  FC, along with  some  rubbing, small  split upper  spine  FC.   Otherwise  flat and square,  white pages

Asking $5

wDdyOwY.jpg

AIHAm6r.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Aurora model you say???

I do indeed say,  but  I won't get  to  it this  evening.  I'll  tell you  that  the box  is  sharp,  the  instructions  are still with  it, but  the model 
has  been  partially built  and  partially  painted,   I'll figure out  how  to  take  a  bunch  of  pix  and  get it  loaded  tomorrow  evening.

And  no,   I'm not going  to  tell  you  WHICH  model,  lol

The Man  From  UNCLE British  paperback

#6,  The Dagger  Affair

MUCH  nicer  than  #2,   first printing,  bit of general wear on  a  flat, tight,  glossy,  square  copy  with  white  pages

Asking $12

785wSpb.jpg

IYUd4Ja.jpg

Machine  Man,   lot  of  7 issues
Issues  2, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16

Shipping for  this  lot  will  be  medium  box   flat  rate  Priority  at  $15
Anything  else  you  buy  from either  thread  can  ride  along.

All in the VF  or  better  range  with  a  bit  of  minor  storage wear.  

Grab a nice pile  of  Kirby  and  Ditko for $20

5EBFZwM.jpg

Five Thousand  Miles  Underground,  Roy Rockwood

Original  copyright  1908,  but this  is  a much  later  Whitman  reprint,   #2345.  I'm  guessing  apx  1940,

Jacket  is decent, with  corner off upper  LH FC,  small piece out lower  spine,  Book  is sharp,   tight  and  clean,  offwhite  pages.

You  may  recognize  the  author's name,  it  was a house  pen name,  and   responsible for the Bomba the Jungle  Boy   novels  too.

Asking $10

mrqXRRl.jpg

Xv4udCS.jpg

Unfaithful  Wives,  Orrie  Hitt

Beacon   B129

Flat  and tight,  square  and glossy,  offwhite pages.

Asking  $15

tGvzIpN.jpg

0A3cEJf.jpg

Weird  Tales  V39 #12, Sept  1947

Spine  strip  sum faded  completely  white, small  corner off lower  RH BC and attached  spine.   
Otherwise  a bit of general wear  on  a  flat tight square copy,  crisp white  pages. 
Stories  by Clark  Ashton Smith  and  Seabury  Quinn. 

Grab a  decent copy  for $25

gXUc81i.jpg

Now HERE'S a  weird  bit indeed. 

Spors Book of Bargains 1939

Pulp  magazine  sized

Over 250 pages  of   tiny  display  ads  and  classifieds  selling EVERYTHING. The one that caught my  eye was  a company
selling  safety razors  at  eight  cents  apiece,  or if  you  got  them  by  the gross,  a nickel  each. Every page  is  full  of   ads 
like  that.  

The only  thing I've ever seem  that  approached  this much  compact  crazy was  a  company  called  JerryCo,  that  sent  similar 
although  much  smaller  catalogs  around  in the late 1980's. THOSE  were full  of  cool  weird stuff too. 

Tight enough  with  some wear and tear  lower  spine.

Asking $15 for  a cool  oddball.

wcLAqNY.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Instant HATE  collection!

Fourteen  issues of  Hate,  as  follows, all first prints.

2, 3, 11, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29, 30

All minty fresh  old store overstock.  Asking $40,  a bit less that three  bucks  an issue, 
and  this  lot  is  large enough it will have to  go  Priority  Medium Flat Rate,  at  $15
On the  bright side,  any  other  items  from either thread  get to ride along for free, 

$40 plus  shipping for  a lot of 14

0Js64Hx.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Vice Squad  V1 #2.  Feb 1961

Well,  according  to  the article  Marilyn Monroe was  molested  when she was nine. With all the MM  stuff out there over the years  this  is the first
time I've seen that  particular story, Article  with one  small  head shot,  for  what it's worth.  The  rest of the articles  are  every bit  as   salacious. 

Flat and tight,   glossy,  white pages, but something  has   ground  along the entire spine,  the whole spine strip is  MIA. 

Asking  $5  for  a  whole  bunch  of  1961  sex  articles.  SOLD!

3ZpNfxA.jpg

Edited by catrick339