• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kudos to Coffin Comics (Lady Death)

4 posts in this topic

I thought this was worth a mention.

While I am not a Lady Death collector (and have never read one) I do quite enjoy the fantastic job they have been doing with all their homage covers and picked a small number off eBay.  

I liked these covers so much I decided to place an order from Coffin Comic’s own online store.  I ordered about 15 homage books.  A couple days later I received an email saying one of the books was out of stock and I was being refunded for that one book but the rest of my order was still going through.  I was a bit disappointed as the Hulk Annual 1 homage cover was neat plus had a print run of only a 150 or so copies (meaning the books on eBay are over priced).  Plus with overseas shipping getting as many books at once is important to me.

I received the books today and was very surprised that they included a free book with a cover limited 99 titled “Sorry We Effed Up”.

I was really impressed by this and thought they went above and beyond with doing this.  

We spend a lot of time complaining about publishers and sellers so I thought that this case of someone doing something nice was worth highlighting.

For those interested here is the cover.  It is a girlie pin-up cover not a homage cover.

F1366E55-1E18-4FAE-AD43-F08855F45E31.jpeg

They've actually been doing this for a little while, at least. When they make an error regarding an order, or (as in your case), oversell their stock, they ship a "We Effed Up" edition, which are not otherwise available. This is at least the second such book. I know previously they shipped a We Effed Up edition of Lady Death Icon #1. I guess they Effed Up enough to exhaust that print run!

2 hours ago, david20009 said:

I thought this was worth a mention.

While I am not a Lady Death collector (and have never read one) I do quite enjoy the fantastic job they have been doing with all their homage covers and picked a small number off eBay.  

I liked these covers so much I decided to place an order from Coffin Comic’s own online store.  I ordered about 15 homage books.  A couple days later I received an email saying one of the books was out of stock and I was being refunded for that one book but the rest of my order was still going through.  I was a bit disappointed as the Hulk Annual 1 homage cover was neat plus had a print run of only a 150 or so copies (meaning the books on eBay are over priced).  Plus with overseas shipping getting as many books at once is important to me.

I received the books today and was very surprised that they included a free book with a cover limited 99 titled “Sorry We Effed Up”.

I was really impressed by this and thought they went above and beyond with doing this.  

We spend a lot of time complaining about publishers and sellers so I thought that this case of someone doing something nice was worth highlighting.

For those interested here is the cover.  It is a girlie pin-up cover not a homage cover.

F1366E55-1E18-4FAE-AD43-F08855F45E31.jpeg

Looks like an Homage to Jill Thimpson's Wonder woman cover