• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 1
1 1

16 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

This one is tricky.

I'm going to say 2.5 and I would have the extra staple removed by ccs.

Don't the extra staple holes the comic now has remove as many points? because then it just means you spent more on getting the same grade.
With the extra staple and 2 detachments, I personally see this more as a 2.0, but it could be 2.5.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Don't the extra staple holes the comic now has remove as many points? because then it just means you spent more on getting the same grade.

I honestly don't know. I was thinking the staples would count as restoration? If not, then I agree to leave it. 

7 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I honestly don't know. I was thinking the staples would count as restoration? If not, then I agree to leave it. 

They don't. The only part where it gets tricky is if it's an otherwise high grade book and someone put an extra staple on it for whatever reason. Then it would be green label with the notion "extra staple". 

but no need to worry about that with a low grade copy. Extra staples are basically the same as tape in terms of CGC grading standards.

Nice to see another ASM #1.  I would leave the staple alone since it's not a high grade book.  An expert clean/press can only help here, so I'm going with 2.0/2.5...IMO.  Can't wait to see the grade though!!! :banana:

On 7/23/2020 at 3:12 AM, KCOComics said:

No resto for the extra staple, but maybe a note on the label...  hm

I like the range of grades on this one, with most folks in the middle. I don't hate 3.0, but I'm more comfortable at 2.5. 

Nice looking low grade key...