• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contest to pick the last issue of Flash Comics that is obtained by Flashlights
4 4

599 posts in this topic

What will be the final issue for flashlites to get to complete the run 105-350!!?? There are just 15 issues left. If you can guess which one it will be, there is a prize package! For starters:

image.thumb.png.14034e0f97396c0a8956bb52c84d4396.png

The Flash #123 and Flash #1 from the 80's are reproductions, but how about that B&B Flash/Doom Patrol that's pure Silver Age Sweetness! I will add more to the pile, I just have to dig through a few boxes. And I'm throwing in a 25$ gift card!

I estimate it may take 6 months or more to obtain the last 15 issues, but who knows, the finish line is in sight now and the fever is upon me. I will add prizes to the package as I go and of course update all purchases here and in the Flash Collectors Thread. If you haven't stopped by in a while to check out the Flash thread please do! It's an awesome dedicated thread and we are having a lot of fun over there matching the thread page number with our copies of Flash with the same issue #. 

Edited by flashlites

3 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Here are the rules for the contest.

4) Each contestant will then submit a PM to me listing the 15 issue numbers in the order in which they wish to pick them. I will then create a master list of the
   issue numbers and the contestant who has them. Note: If we have 15 contestants each person will only have one live pick. More on this process later.

2 hours ago, kav said:

49531x.jpg

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

49531x.jpg

I thought it was supposed to be posted publicly so ppl wouldnt pick the same number and then how do you have a 'winner'?

10 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

This contest will be to pick the issue which will wind up being the last one obtained for Flashlites Flash comics collection. He will provide the prize, which is unknown at this time. :juggle:

Here are the rules for the contest.

0) This thread in Comics General is for all contest related chatter. So keep it loose and come out swinging, and have some fun! Feel free to use some
 creating memes, gifs and the like. This contest could be in effect for several months, likely going into next year. So be patient if you do enter.

1) We will have a limit of 15 entrants in the contest, as there are 15 issues left for Flashlites to complete his Flash comics collection.

2) There will be a 2 week period for those interested to sign up for the contest. Just reply in this thread that you are interested in the contest and you will be in. There are two contestants already. I will mention
   how many entrants we have every few days in the contest. The "enrollment" period will end at midnight August 6th, or earlier if we reach the limit of 15 contestants before then. :wishluck:

3) Once we have all of the contestants each will be assigned a picking order to be determined randomly. This picking order will only be known to me and an impartial witness.

4) Each contestant will then submit a PM to me listing the 15 issue numbers in the order in which they wish to pick them. I will then create a master list of the
   issue numbers and the contestant who has them. Note: If we have 15 contestants each person will only have one live pick. More on this process later.

5) Each contestants picks will only be known to me, the impartial witness and to the person who made them, in order to keep this contest on the up and up. I will not
   be a contestant.

6) Once this is rolling and Flashlites informs us of the issue number he picked up, A reveal will be made linking the contestant with
   the issue number.  This will also allow all of us to know who's chances were dashed against the wall while the first 14 books issue numbers are revealed.

7) The remaining issue numbers are:

Good luck to all!

Count me in! I have one of these, which I know is the last one!, cause I ain't giving it up!