• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Alf 48 soon to be a 1k book in 9.8?
4 4

101 posts in this topic

If just 8 people really want a CGC 9.8, that's a problem... because there are only 7.

Either the CGC census catches up to the demand, which would only have to be 8 people... or more people decide they want one too... and then it's a $2K book. lol

6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

If just 8 people really want a CGC 9.8, that's a problem... because there are only 7.

Either the CGC census catches up to the demand, which would only have to be 8 people... or more people decide they want one too... and then it's a $2K book. lol

What is so special about this book tho?

Is it like Alfs 48th appearance? I don't get itlol

16 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Most disturbing cover ever (shrug)

45 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Hot spec book.  

Just kidding.  Also, have I mentioned that I absolutely cannot stand when people use the phrases “spec book” or “I’m specking on this book”.  Yes, I have heard multiple people use the second one as well.

If that cover’s a speculation item now, then it’s getting really sad.

Edited by Ken Aldred

21 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I was being facetious.

Not directed at you. Sorry.

More the 1k price point.

Plenty of classic innuendo covers out there.

Edited by Ken Aldred

coin collecting is looking better and better , so many great keys seem cheap these days compared to comics much easier to liquidate when it comes time to sell parts of your collection... silver just rose to $23,00 an ounce,,,

heck if an Alf 48 is a 1K book now then i can get a nice 1909-SVDB lincoln cent for the same price

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

heck if an Alf 48 is a 1K book now then i can get a nice 1909-SVDB lincoln cent for the same price

Do you have a CGC 9.8 Alf #48 to sell in order to get the 1909-SVDB Lincoln cent?  Because if you're not selling one to buy the other, then you're just talking about cash... and cash buys everything. :grin:

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Do you have a CGC 9.8 Alf #48 to sell in order to get the 1909-SVDB Lincoln cent?  Because if you're not selling one to buy the other, then you're just talking about cash... and cash buys everything. :grin:

no i am talking about one of the single most desired coins in the hobby , a famous coin almost everyone has heard of, a coin most collectors can only dream of owning , the ultimate holy grail of the Lincoln cents which is going on 111 years strong , and now an obscure modern comic book costs just as much , when compared with each other a lot of people are going to start realizing that the 1909 - SVDB is a huge bargain these days