• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Alf 48 soon to be a 1k book in 9.8?
4 4

101 posts in this topic

ALF 48 is the Copper Age Rifleman 10

So... that's about that. 

I have never owned either.

I have also never seen Watchman and am finally going to sit down this week and watch Harry Potter.

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have also never seen Watchman

:whatthe:

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

and am finally going to sit down this week and watch Harry Potter.

I tried. I could NOT get into Harry Potter and will probably never see them.

I've never watched one Harry Potter movie or read a Harry Potter book, I tried watching the beast of something or other (the prequel) and couldn't do it either, and yet J.K Rowling is a half billionaire...does that mean Harry Potter is the Alf of the literature world?

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Harry Potter is the only movie I have ever walked out on. Too boring.

I don’t recall ever walking out of a film. I do recall falling asleep during a number of them, though. I’ve only watched the Harry Potter series on TV, and thought it was mediocre and overhyped.

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

ALF 48 is the Copper Age Rifleman 10

So... that's about that. 

I have never owned either

These covers are mildly amusing for a few seconds, but a bit of innuendo doesn’t justify paying through the nose for a copy. They’re not that funny.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

These covers are mildly amusing for a few seconds, but a bit of innuendo doesn’t justify paying through the nose for a copy. They’re not that funny.

There are better “innuendo” covers from Archie Comics imo.

4 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

There are better “innuendo” covers from Archie Comics imo.

I concur. The boards taught me that maybe half of their covers are pure smut. I was surprised.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

:whatthe:

I tried. I could NOT get into Harry Potter and will probably never see them.

Isn't Harry Potter meant for children? 

48 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

So what is the deal with this Alf #48 book?  1st appearance of somebody?,  hot artist?,  ton of Alf collectors out there and #48 is all they need, something else?  ...what?

I also refuse to read the first page and a half of this thread to get the context of the conversation. 

16 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

What’s going on?:ohnoez:

Last 9.6 sold for $350, and mid grade copies are $100+

The end must be near.....

I guess when Peach Momoko variants and third prints of random Venom issues are creeping into the four figure range, it's not a far leap to look at a notorious book like Alf 48 as similarly valuable. At least ultra high grade copies of Alf are legitimately tough to find. 

14 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I guess when Peach Momoko variants and third prints of random Venom issues are creeping into the four figure range, it's not a far leap to look at a notorious book like Alf 48 as similarly valuable. At least ultra high grade copies of Alf are legitimately tough to find. 

Don't try to bring logic into this.  I know for the venom variant reprints prices are purely based on panic speculation buying of the Knull character.  The only ones buying it for $800 are the people trying to flip it for $1000.  People buying it for $1000 are hoping to flip it for $1200, it will keep going and going until someone is left holding the bag and prices crash.  Everyone has the fear of missing out on it like this character is going to take over the future universe of all venom stories.  You're better off trying to day-trade Tesla stock if you want to pretend to be a genius equities speculator buying that book.  

46 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Isn't Harry Potter meant for children? 

Back in the early 2000s you’d see many adult commuters reading the novels on the train.  So, no real age barrier.

Edited by Ken Aldred