• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a printing issue or is this an alteration attempt?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I recently bought this comic with hopes of getting it graded. After receiving it i noticed some off color blue on his leg. If you look at the right edge of the cover you'll notice it. I tried my best in deciding if it is an alteration attempt or just run on the color from printing. Other than this issue the comic is in outstanding condition. Any advice of if i should get it graded or just keep for my collection? Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need more pics or closer detail. 

spiderman silver 1.jpg

spiderman silver 2.jpg

It looks like it could be just the way the book was printed...I checked out some copies on eBay and saw the same color change on Spidey's leg at the right edge of the front cover.

Here's a link to a CGC 9.4 Signature Series that exhibits this - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spider-Man-1SILVER-CGC-9-4-SS-1990-1183975001/133425343147?hash=item1f10c52aab:g:gUAAAOSwdzFe0zzJ