• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time CGC member need help figuring out stuff

4 posts in this topic

I have some comics that need graded and slabbed. I have some that are first prints and some signed. Do I have to submit the signed ones through the signature series or do I just submit it regularly? 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:21 PM, Nevik77 said:

I have some comics that need graded and slabbed. I have some that are first prints and some signed. Do I have to submit the signed ones through the signature series or do I just submit it regularly? 

Signature Series does not apply to comics that have already been signed.

I don't think your comics "need grading and slabbed".  It is a personal preference rather then a "need" unless you know enough about grading and graded comic values.  I'd suggest doing a lot more reading on these forums and doing some research before sending books in blindly or you may be very disappointed.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:21 PM, Nevik77 said:

Neither. Don't send them since CGC does not count Sigantures they did not witness and they wont authenticate them. They will instead consider your signature as writing on the cover and penalize you for them. So just keep them and enjoy them.