• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Usagi Yojimbo/Stan Sakai Thread
3 3

152 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2021 at 3:26 PM, NYTrash said:

The new show will be more based on the last few pages of Senso, that surrounds an ancestor of Usagi’s living in the far future. Not really the Space Usagi series. 

Ancestor or descendant?  

Yes, I know he created a new character, but it would not be out of question that he reuses a lot of his ideas from Space Usagi.  

7 minutes ago, GoldenAgeAddict said:

My Usagi corner of my samurai themed room

A47FCB46-1CC8-489B-9A2A-0790723D66C7.jpeg

7A4020DF-F30C-482D-85EF-8E35DD82DFEC.jpeg

That's amazing! Awesome set-up. I remember when the original TMNT Usagi toy came out, I traded another kid a bunch of baseball cards for him!

Edited by Jesse-Lee
Spelling

I love Usagi as much as the next guy, probably more.  But it seems prices are getting out of hand.  A TMNT 47 in 9.8 just closed on eBay for $1,025.  It is the first appearance of Space Usagi but that still seems crazy Netflix show and all.  (Heck after the Netflix show was first announced you could get a 9.8 of the issue for $100).  

13 minutes ago, GoldenAgeAddict said:

Also have a UY corner of the family room

image.jpg

This setup might be my favorite. The black and white art compliments the simplicity of the space and dark oak cabinet. I love how you didn’t overfill it. A sketch of each of the crew too!!! It has just enough. Ok, I’ll stop now lol 

Where did you get the Samurai Usagi?

5 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

This setup might be my favorite. The black and white art compliments the simplicity of the space and dark oak cabinet. I love how you didn’t overfill it. A sketch of each of the crew too!!! It has just enough. Ok, I’ll stop now lol 

Where did you get the Samurai Usagi?

It is the RokuToys Series 2 statue.   Got it off Ebay.  I still can’t find the rest of series 2

image.jpg

32 minutes ago, GoldenAgeAddict said:

It is the RokuToys Series 2 statue.   Got it off Ebay.  I still can’t find the rest of series 2

image.jpg

I don’t see it anywhere! These are surely tough to find. I love how the helmet comes off. I will surely be on the hunt for this!!!! 

On 3/8/2021 at 8:50 AM, Wolverinex said:

Ancestor or descendant?  

Yes, I know he created a new character, but it would not be out of question that he reuses a lot of his ideas from Space Usagi.  

Descendent is the official word in the Netflix announcement on Stan's website 

@Jesse-Lee nice pickup on the Critters #1. Only the third UY cover appearance and the first appearance of Gen the Bounty Hunter. 

@GoldenAgeAddict what a great UY space. Thanks for sharing it. It may be worth reaching out to Roku toys to see if they have any Series 2 left... I recall from the UY Facebook group that some collectors had some luck with direct communication. 

42 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

@Jesse-Lee nice pickup on the Critters #1. Only the third UY cover appearance and the first appearance of Gen the Bounty Hunter. 

@GoldenAgeAddict what a great UY space. Thanks for sharing it. It may be worth reaching out to Roku toys to see if they have any Series 2 left... I recall from the UY Facebook group that some collectors had some luck with direct communication. 

I tried the direct communication with them about a year ago without luck

6 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

This one says Descendents too:

https://www.epitaph.com/artists/descendents

Patrick

I feel like there are people that read these boards and go buy up everything. You’re about to send Critters 1 to the moon lol A month ago it was the Summer Special people were talking about and now there are only a handful left on ebay.

Great score, and I agree Gen should be on the label. Arguably the most popular outside of Usagi himself.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, Wolverinex said:

Ancestor or descendant?  

Yes, sorry, descendant.