• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Usagi Yojimbo/Stan Sakai Thread
3 3

152 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, ectocooler said:

I feel like there are people that read these boards and go buy up everything. You’re about to send Critters 1 to the moon lol A month ago it was the Summer Special people were talking about and now there are only a handful left on ebay.

Great score, and I agree Gen should be on the label. Arguably the most popular outside of Usagi himself.

The summer special is only a buy because it comes before Usagi 1 

other than that there’s no notable 1st app. It has a sweet cover 

51 minutes ago, oceanavekid said:

The summer special is only a buy because it comes before Usagi 1 

other than that there’s no notable 1st app. It has a sweet cover 

Also that book almost always has rusted staples for some reason, I have bought a ton of that book only to be disappointed when opening the centerfold to see rust. 9.8 looking books get slammed to 7.0. And agree when people figure out it is in front of Usagi 1 they will jump on it. I noticed a known IG seller keeps pushing Usagi 1 as the first solo book and people jump right on it.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:22 PM, DAL1283 said:

Anybody have a hook up for getting CGC verified Sakai signatures? I keep seeing them pop up on ebay. I know he did a signing with "the other one" a while back. Any plans for him coming to CGC?

are you looking for a specific issue?

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

are you looking for a specific issue?

I'm looking for somebody to help me get some issues signed. I know there are people who I can ship comics to who take care of "official" signatures. I am not looking for graded/signed issues.

Definitely one of my favorite characters. I remember him as a kid in TMNT but never saw a book with him until I was in university in the mid 90's. I have a nice little collection as well as most 1st print trades. I also have a nice sketch that Stan did for me. I will post it here over the weekend.

On 5/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, DAL1283 said:

I'm looking for somebody to help me get some issues signed. I know there are people who I can ship comics to who take care of "official" signatures. I am not looking for graded/signed issues.

I know he's not doing any in person comic cons through November at least, per a response to the Facebook group.  He sells raw signed and re-marked comics via the Dogu website and his own website for the time being. 

8 minutes ago, oceanavekid said:

What’s the best way to get CGC to note this is the first app of Gen the bounty hunter? Mega Usagi key yet they neglect to mention the first appearance. Would I just connect them and send in for reholder?E5750BCD-0E52-4976-862A-96C73061F657.thumb.jpeg.7f6911edd99af686c00e70424b1b1488.jpeg

66205091-D911-4D70-927C-FD114DAE346C.jpeg

55E061AE-B90D-45FB-8B2F-7797C5959996.jpeg

It depends on if they already notated it on newer slabs......

But I'd call cgc, they've told me to notate it on the submission form, as graders have to decide what is notable,  but that's not always a guarantee either lol

If all this sounds vague, its because it is, but there isnt a concrete solution that I know of and all the answer you may find...

:sorry:

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It depends on if they already notated it on newer slabs......

But I'd call cgc, they've told me to notate it on the submission form, as graders have to decide what is notable,  but that's not always a guarantee either lol

If all this sounds vague, its because it is, but there isnt a concrete solution that I know of and all the answer you may find...

:sorry:

Nope they don’t notate it on any slabs 

I can always try emailing and writing it down when I send it in 

Just now, oceanavekid said:

Nope they don’t notate it on any slabs 

I can always try emailing and writing it down when I send it in 

yes, when you do the submission form, there are "options" in a drop down menu

IF THEY DON'T AUTOMATICALLY say anything, (probably wouldn't as it's for variants or other notation), 

you can manually type it in....

I'd at least do that, and also circle it on the submission form AND rewrite it....

Sometime's it's like pulling teeth, but squeaky wheel and all.....

I have an X-force #25 there now that should be a "distorted hologram" 

they have that designation for other well known hologram covers, but not the X-force

so I did all of the above as it has worked before

I don't mind if they look and disagree, but 

AT LEAST MAKE CGC TAKE A LOOK :sumo::roflmao: