• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams cover gallery thread.
13 13

861 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2021 at 4:11 PM, Randall Ries said:

That could be. I think it's funny the Hulk is wearing a rope belt. Like Dr Banner was running around wearing a suit and tie and a rope belt. LOL!.

Not the best example but that’s how it was back then at times with the Hulk. You can see a bit of his rope belt here enlarged...

453D6FD2-58CD-4C4B-B6C7-DF2D802627DF.thumb.jpeg.185a9a9debde1e896edc461ae35cfa45.jpeg

4D08D465-C306-4DB9-8F20-C1B4BA2B59A5.jpeg.9122d4633a7dbadb0aba48aa490dc357.jpeg

I remember the story of why he always had purple pants. They were on discount and he bought in bulk.

But where does he find the purple rope. And ever better, where does he keep it before he turns into the Hulk.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

I remember the story of why he always had purple pants. They were on discount and he bought in bulk.

But where does he find the purple rope. And ever better, where does he keep it before he turns into the Hulk.

The purple pants and even the rope were ridiculous to imagine in the real world but given the graphic nature of comics it worked there. My version of the Hulk will always have those silly purple pants and the rope as a belt just added to the look. If he was wearing something else like blue pants  I noticed growing up. Never even flinched when he sported his purples...

35 minutes ago, Rip said:

I sold my previous Bats 237 9.6 a few years ago because of a couple minor things that bothered me. Got this one and now I'm happy.

I thought my previous copy had great centering, but I like this one even more. So many of these 237's have bad centering.

Batman237.jpg

My 9.6 has bad centering. The spam strip gets wider going down the book. I didn't really notice it much when I bought it. I noticed it after, though. LOL! Still, it's a 9.6