• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tradd Moore Surfer Drop July 25, 2020
2 2

142 posts in this topic

How is this possible? Felix acquired 16 pages back from a collector including the cover from # 2.  They dropped at 9 a.m PST this morning. I’d love to brag about the page I got but not a chance in hell. They were gone in seconds. Never had a chance.

I’m jealous. Ok confession time over. 

Did anyone grab a page today?

Would you like to brag?

How did you do it?

I just received the 'I am very sorry to tell you that you did not get this page' email...

It was my first time participating in the Felix Comic Art drop. The software allowed me to 'check out'(?). I am not familiar with this process & curious as to how many of us 'unlucky' participants are 'allowed' to complete the 'check out' process before the software marks the item as "On Hold" & prevents others from putting the same item into the cart...

On to the next deal...

20200725_160732.png

Great page @Varanis!

I went for the one page I liked from the issue.

I couldn't have purchase request more than 10-15 seconds after they were put up. Order, check out, autofill info, send purchase request.

Other pages showed on hold but it took longer for the one I checked out to show up as on hold. That confused me for a sec.

It took over 2.5 hours to hear I didn't get it so it must have been an insane amount of requests.

18 minutes ago, Varanis said:

I tried for 2 pieces. Missed on both. Took 2 hours to hear back. That's by far the longest it's taken for me to get the "I'm sorry" email. Felix must have gotten an absolutely insane number of purchase requests. I've spoken to multiple people who tried for a piece today and none of them came out lucky.

If you'll allow me, I can retroactively brag about the page I got in the last SSB drop. I'm obviously biased, but I think it might be the best page from the run. Ever increasingly pleased to have scored that page.

Not only will I allow it, I will drool with envy. Gorgeous.

2 minutes ago, Andahaion said:

Same story. Went for two, missed on both. Couple hours for a reply. Such unique art, really bummed. But who knows what he future holds. 

Bummer I know. Still hoping to hear from a lucky winner in the Felix lottery!

32 minutes ago, dirtymartini1 said:

I tip my hat to the master of modern day OA marketing. The hornets nets of frenzied desire he has cultivated for his stable of pencil n ink slinger's has no equal. I myself am saving up for some tulips. 

No doubt he’s a force of nature! Got folks lining up to buy what he’s selling.

1 hour ago, First Upgrade said:

...so, the Tradd Moore original art to just 'half' of Silver Surfer: Black #2 sold out in seconds(!!) with the sale prices totalling $50,000...

20200725_235503.jpg

Staggering financial success 

8 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

I tip my hat to the master of modern day OA marketing. The hornets nets of frenzied desire he has cultivated for his stable of pencil n ink slinger's has no equal. I myself am saving up for some tulips. 

The art doesn't hold much interest for me.  But Felix is doing exactly what he's supposed to do as an artist representative/agent.  He's not working for the collectors.  Based on Felix's wrap-up e-mail after all the pieces sold, he not so subtly indicated he may have even underpriced the art (e.g. covers). 

It's funny that even if you ended up without art, it's a badge of honor to have gone through the checkout before the art went on hold and checkout line was closed.

5 minutes ago, Will_K said:

he may have even underpriced the art

For me this is absolutely true.  I wouldn't have balked at paying an additional $1,000 per page I was interested in.  And if this would have been an auction format who knows where my line would have been.  It feels very special, very unique art.  I'm assuming there are many others who feel the same about this art in particular.  But, not sure how you discern which drops should be auctions or not.  Glad that would be Felix's job and not mine if he decided to make that move on some of the drops.

14 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

It's beautiful art for sure. I personally don't bother with these timed drops anymore. Maybe if they implement a traditional checkout system (which would cause other problems for them as people put things in carts and perhaps don't finish the transaction) I'll try it out again. Just a personal preference I've arrived at. 

I don’t either as I feel the FOMO can make you buy something you might not love. But when demand far exceeds supply, it’s probably the only fair way to sell other than a lottery system.

Edited by AnkurJ

1 hour ago, Will_K said:

The art doesn't hold much interest for me.  But Felix is doing exactly what he's supposed to do as an artist representative/agent.  He's not working for the collectors.  Based on Felix's wrap-up e-mail after all the pieces sold, he not so subtly indicated he may have even underpriced the art (e.g. covers). 

It's funny that even if you ended up without art, it's a badge of honor to have gone through the checkout before the art went on hold and checkout line was closed.

Gladly trade my badge for the page I wanted.  Went though the gauntlet and four hours later got the "I'm so sorry..." if the new buyer is willing to sell,  let me know

gK6y4LCVFfF380PC1gPYPNJS.jpg