• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AWE4ONE.com Website Is Working Again

20 posts in this topic

If anyone cares my website is working again after an hour plus of arguing with my webhost.  Apparently someone put a block on the site and I wasn't aware until today. Been down since at least Apr from looking at my bandwidth stats. And they can't tell me who put the block on it or why. Probably need to check on it more frequently. Regardless, all the MJI and NDS info is back if you so want it.

Jim

9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

When I go the site, it looks ike it hasn't been updated since 08. 

How is retirement?

shadroch wasn't kidding. Over 12 years since the last update ???

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.35.32 PM.png

Edited by Dave2739

45 minutes ago, shadroch said:

When I go the site, it looks ike it hasn't been updated since 08. 

How is retirement?

I haven't updated it. Stopped when Microsoft stopped supporting FrontPage and couldn't find a good alternative at the time.

As far as retirement, I really never stopped. Got a government job while I was on terminal leave from the Air Force and am busier now than before. And I love the job. Another reason I don't follow this Forum, collect comics like I did before, or updated the website. Life is good. More worse things than be living in NW FL with the beautiful beaches and weather. 

How are you Shad?

Jim

1 hour ago, awe4one said:

I haven't updated it. Stopped when Microsoft stopped supporting FrontPage and couldn't find a good alternative at the time.

As far as retirement, I really never stopped. Got a government job while I was on terminal leave from the Air Force and am busier now than before. And I love the job. Another reason I don't follow this Forum, collect comics like I did before, or updated the website. Life is good. More worse things than be living in NW FL with the beautiful beaches and weather. 

How are you Shad?

Jim

Doing better than I deserve. Moved to Las Vegas in 2016 and then to Bisbee this year. Bought a commercial building and will be opening a collectible shop. Bisbee is an old mining town by the Mexican border and is 19 miles from Tombstone so they attract the same class of tourists.

I got very lucky and am renting an RV on some 250 acres of land about ten minutes from the shop. Each week seems to unleash a new adventure. This week, the monsoon has brought thousands of tarantulas above ground. Last week was frogs. The Monarch butterflies migrate right thru the park. Thats incredible for about three days.

I had what turned out to be a minor stroke in 2017 but have had a miraculous recovery.  

Edited by shadroch

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

I got very lucky and am renting an RV on some 250 acres of land about ten minutes from the shop. Each week seems to unleash a new adventure. This week, the monsoon has brought thousands of tarantulas above ground. Last week was frogs. The Monarch butterflies migrate right thru the park.   

Frogs, tarantulas, monsoons; sounds like Moses' 10 plagues. Where are these 250 acres you parked on? 15th c. BC Egypt? 

On 7/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, shadroch said:

Doing better than I deserve. Moved to Las Vegas in 2016 and then to Bisbee this year. Bought a commercial building and will be opening a collectible shop. Bisbee is an old mining town by the Mexican border and is 19 miles from Tombstone so they attract the same class of tourists.

I got very lucky and am renting an RV on some 250 acres of land about ten minutes from the shop. Each week seems to unleash a new adventure. This week, the monsoon has brought thousands of tarantulas above ground. Last week was frogs. The Monarch butterflies migrate right thru the park. Thats incredible for about three days.

I had what turned out to be a minor stroke in 2017 but have had a miraculous recovery.  

Jeez...hope you are doing better.  Visited Tombstone back in the early 90s and loved it.  Had a great BBQ place there.:bigsmile:

Jim

13 minutes ago, awe4one said:

Last I was here seems like the Forum has slowed down quite a bit.

Jim

Over moderation makes it seem like that.

Can’t give the newbs the thrashing they deserve:devil:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

6 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Over moderation makes it seem like that.

Can’t give the newbs the thrashing they deserve:devil:

I am so far away from knowing what is going on in this hobby, I can't give them a good spanking.:baiting:

Jim

Edited by awe4one

On 7/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, awe4one said:

If anyone cares my website is working again after an hour plus of arguing with my webhost.  Apparently someone put a block on the site and I wasn't aware until today. Been down since at least Apr from looking at my bandwidth stats. And they can't tell me who put the block on it or why. Probably need to check on it more frequently. Regardless, all the MJI and NDS info is back if you so want it.

Jim

As someone who has tried to access your site and not been able to since joining these forums I am very excited to do so and continue my learning!

Edited by comicginger1789