• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED THANK YOU
6 6

123 posts in this topic

Just now, Black Bat said:

Outlaws #13
3.0? OW. Pretty ragged but supple and attached.  Obnoxious big corner folds bottom right corner, staple pull tears, 1” tear and small chip on back cover.  
These Cole westerns are pretty sweet.  If my grandma bought me these I would be totally cool with it. 
$28

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_7715.jpeg

Take

I have a confession to make.   I collect GA crime crash covers.  My neighbor Ellis doesn't like it, thinks I'm "morbid", but I think they are badd azz.  Gotta be crime though- no race cars, superhero or funny animal bs.  Anybody got a CCC book not in this pic let me know, maybe we can trade/buy/sell...

IMG_7771.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

That being said-

All-Famous Police #6
3.5 – 4.0? OW

Definitely one of my top 10 favorite Cole covers, and arguably thee best GA Crime Car Crash cover.  Great stuff inside too!  Significantly under-rated IMO.
6” fold bottom right corner, same on back cover- doesn’t seem to break color so press out? Top right corner folds and nicks.  ½” split top spine.  Cover feels rough in places but great colors.
PLUS- Headline Comics #44  What??
4.0 1” bottom spine split, 3 small chips out of top and bottom spine corners, chip off bottom right corner. Small tear bottom edge fc.  S&K cover.

Both for $198 not anymore!  Price reduced to $148!

IMG_7736.jpeg

IMG_7737.jpeg

IMG_7738.jpeg

IMG_7743.jpeg

IMG_7674.jpeg

IMG_7675.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

5 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Haunted Thrills #3
3.0? OW.
  Tough book!  Great looking low grade, smooth flat glossy with rich colors. Splits and chips along spine but cover attached.  
$218

IMG_7802.jpeg

IMG_7803.jpeg

IMG_7805.jpeg

IMG_7806.jpeg

IMG_7804.jpeg

4 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Innocent “Those Were The Days” Golden Age Four Pack
or

“4 comics my grandma bought me and I hid them inside the encyclopedias so my friends wouldn't see them that’s why they’re in such great shape" four pack.

1. Real Life Comics #48 5.5?
  Chipping on edge of back cover.
Rattlesnake Dong is back, and this time he’s brought his posse:
2. Robin Hood AND His Merry Men #34. 8.0+ w/ow.  Just a few small flaws. This could become the highest graded copy in the WHOLE WORLD, but then again, maybe not.  What do I know?  Obviously not much after letting that space cowboy book go for the price of a fancy hamburger.
3. It REALLY Happened, I Swear To God.  #5.  6.5 wear/small pulls around staples-  Hey it’s a Schomburg cover!  
4. Crown Comics #8.  6.5-7.0?
Abrasion wear on top and bottom left corners, a few very small lower spine creases.  Otherwise a beautiful tight shiny flat book with white pages.  I looked and saw this listed for like hundreds of dollars- but who buys them, and why?
$148 for all four!  That’s less than the price of 6 fancy hamburgers!

IMG_7807.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

:takeit: per pm

Let the good times roll!

First up_

4MOST V8 #2

I believe this is Cole’s only surfing cover… I’m a surfer so was thrilled to discover this back in the day. Good surfing chase scene inside too!  

3.5? OW.  1” top and ½” bottom splits, top with chip missing.
SOLD- THANK YOU!

IMG_6197.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

Crime and Justice #20
8.0+/- OW/W super solid smooth & supple. Flaws?  What flaws? (that rust like mark on the back is not from the staples, which are rust free).
All the cool kids have one of these- 
And it’s easy to see why!
Awesome morgue splash, rare sequential crash panels, and evil granny with blow gun!
Now it’s your turn, all this for only $73

IMG_6530.JPG

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

IMG_7824.jpeg

IMG_7823.jpeg

IMG_7825.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Strange Mysteries #4

2.0 OW.  Whenever I see “tape on inside cover” I hear it whispering to me “here’s an affordable book that presents much better than grade- buy it quick!”
Try it- put your ear up to the screen and listen… hear it?  Now obey!!  
$188 REDUCED! NOW $168!
Also, those ghoul arms are actually saving that woman’s life- see the ax coming in from the left?  

strangemysteries04fc.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

Real Clue Crime Stories V7 #5
Wtf? Dude, are they welding that guy into a giant green gargoyle?
Hard to grade- OW.
Looks boss, but impact creases, ncb, and small stains top left corner, ½” tear lower spine, goes through entire book- now that’s an impressive flaw! 
$33 REEEEDUECED! $28!

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

IMG_7832.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Eerie #11

3.5 – rough 4.0?  OW/W
Be the STAR of your own thread!!
Start a “Post your GA lavender comics here” thread over in the golden age forum and see how many likes you get!
Cover is glossy but not smooth… foxing in places soiling? Spine wear, nicks on top and bottom.  Bottom staple barely hanging on, top staple secure.  
SOLD- THANK YOU!

IMG_7744.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

11 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Eerie #11

3.5 – rough 4.0?  OW/W
Be the STAR of your own thread!!
Start a “Post your GA lavender comics here” thread over in the golden age forum and see what how many likes you get…”  
Cover is glossy but not smooth… foxing in places soiling? Spine wear, nicks on top and bottom.  Bottom staple barely hanging on, top staple secure.  
$138

IMG_7744.jpeg

IMG_7749.jpeg

IMG_7745.jpeg

IMG_7746.jpeg

Take

Crime & Justice #2
NFS

Some how I left this Crime Crash Cover out of my group shot (see earlier post)- but its definitely one of the best.  Just sharing... 
Don't you wish you could have a Crime Crash Cover Collection? 
You do???  Well...

IMG_7822.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

TWOFER ALERT!
Justice Traps The Guilty #44
6.0 W/OW.  
Start your own Crime Car Crash Cover Collection.  Flat smooth and pretty, but a ½” tear back cover bottom edge, non-CB impact creases BC, bottom right corner.  Tanning inside covers but paper appears W/OW.

AND
Justice Traps The Guilty #25
4.0 OW.  
Flat smooth and lovely, with small bottom spine split, small tear bottom staple, small chip bottom back cover, small corner chip TL back cover.  

SOLD-THANK YOU!

IMG_7768.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

3 minutes ago, SkOw said:

@Black Bat I have to say that I am just so happy to have you in this community. The passion you have for this just oozes from your posts. Reading through this thread is an excellent reminder of why I’m still collecting. 

Thanks! I LOVE this stuff!  It's great to be around folks who appreciate it instead of being the oddball!

Edited by Black Bat

Terrifying Tales #15

3.5 Slight C-1 small CT and small glue.
My favorite Cole jungle cover? This one broke my heart- twice! I had this copy for a while and always wanted an upgrade. After waiting for years, I bought a beautiful raw 8.5ish.  After “upgrading” I sent this one in for grading… Then I found resto on the 8.5 too – (the dealer refunded- thank you, you know who you are!). But when this copy came back purple, well, now I just can’t look at her the same anymore- it’s like she’s been lying to me all these years!  
Still a solid presenting copy- Crack her out and fool your friends!
SOLD- THANK YOU!

tt15.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

Strange Mysteries #2

3.5 OW.  One of the coolest PCH covers- understated, but not underrated!  These get snapped up quick (by me if I see ‘em). So disturbingly beautiful, something about yellow books…
And how about that date stamp placement!  Too much.  Nice slim new slab too!
$318 REDUCED (JUST SLIGHTLY CAUSE I LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH)  $308

SOLD= THANK YOU AND ENJOY!!!

STRANGE MYSTERIES #2 3.5 FC SLAB.jpg

Edited by Black Bat