• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED THANK YOU
6 6

123 posts in this topic

Today’s special- four low grade crime books for the price of two low grade crime books!
Wanted #47
 2.0 OW Cover detached bottom staple, Centerfold detached.  

Crime Does Not Pay #138. 3.0 Classic alcohol in mouth cover. 1” lower spine split, tape on back cover, general wear & tear.
Crime and Punishment #13 Poor. Pages loose but complete.

Crime and Punishment #15 Poor. Pieces missing off cover. Cool early issues!
SOLD- THANK YOU!

IMG_7785.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Ribtickler #7.
Bought this cheap from October last year I think, and was going to sell it cheap, but man I just love this cover!!!!  I’d love it more if it was the original Fox version, instead of an imprint/reprint or what ever you call it.  So just sharing it now to drive up interest/demand for when I upgrade to that Fox…
NFS!  

Ribtickler #7 fc.png

Adventures Into Terror #26

2.0 OW. Cover oh-so-barely attached to top staple, but book is supple and complete.  Hilarious cover- love seeing the hanging skeleton’s ankles.  Where's his socks?
SOLD-THANK YOU!

Adv Into Terror #26 fc.JPG

Edited by Black Bat

TONIGHT'S GRAND FINALE
IMG_7838.jpeg

WEIRD TALES NOV. 1949 & CHILLING TALES #13 4.0 (?) OW/W

Here’s a pair of tantalizing twins fathered by the unmistakable Matt Fox. 
Here’s a predicament.  What to do about this dope Chilling Tales #13?  Using my magnifying glass I detected a subtle yet suspicious edge anomaly.  Has this book been trimmed?  Or badly cut & overhang??   Ah but then there is the staple situation- apparently the staples have been removed as there are extra staple holes.  But they are so low on the spine!  Could the staples have been removed from their original location, new staples added, then removed, then put back in the original location?  Who would do such a thing?  And why?? And what to make of this roughness along the entire back of the spine?  

Here's the conundrum- is this book a
 sneaky deal on a Blue label?  Or a heart crushing PLOD trimmed/staples replaced?  
Do you feel lucky?     Well do you punk?  

Conundrum aside, I don’t have to tell you how awesome this issue is do I?  
Do I??  I’ll just say this: floating rabid cannibalistic skull.  
Ok, this too: one armed giant phantom ghoul on a tear.
AND- if you think you're ever gonna find anothert giant feet & spider splash, you're crazy!

Ultimately, it’s simply a beautiful looking book, and it's Weird Tales sibling is structurally solid, with nice paper and lots of twisted illustrations.  These are getting scarce, especially in such solid shape…

Both For $378   PRICE REDUCED!  NOW  $348!!!

IMG_7842.jpeg

IMG_7843.jpegScreen Shot 2020-07-30 at 8.54.33 PM.pngIMG_7833.jpegScreen Shot 2020-07-30 at 6.50.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.33.03 PM.jpg

IMG_7829.jpegIMG_7831.jpeg

IMG_7840.jpegIMG_7834.jpeg

IMG_7841.jpeg

IMG_7775.jpegIMG_7776.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

22 minutes ago, SkOw said:

Oh bother, just when I start being nice and giving out compliments YOU have to show up!

:sumo:

Oh just slinging GPK & bomics...better than watching a map of Florida Getting trounced by a storm (just a t-storm for us locals  :wishluck:) Brown nosing a black bat  😝 

1 hour ago, Black Bat said:

Let the good times roll!

First up_

4MOST V8 #2

I believe this is Cole’s only surfing cover… I’m a surfer so was thrilled to discover this back in the day. Good surfing chase scene inside too!  

3.5? OW.  1” top and ½” bottom splits, top with chip missing.
$63

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

:takeit:

58 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Today’s special- four low grade crime books for the price of two low grade crime books!
Wanted #47
 2.0 OW Cover detached bottom staple, Centerfold detached.  

Crime Does Not Pay #138. 3.0 Classic alcohol in mouth cover. 1” lower spine split, tape on back cover, general wear & tear.
Crime and Punishment #13 Poor. Pages loose but complete.

Crime and Punishment #15 Poor. Pieces missing off cover. Cool early issues!
$60! do the math!!!

IMG_7785.jpeg

IMG_7786.jpeg

:takeit:

13 hours ago, Black Bat said:

TWOFER ALERT!
Justice Traps The Guilty #44
6.0 W/OW.  
Start your own Crime Car Crash Cover Collection.  Flat smooth and pretty, but a ½” tear back cover bottom edge, non-CB impact creases BC, bottom right corner.  Tanning inside covers but paper appears W/OW.

AND
Justice Traps The Guilty #25
4.0 OW.  
Flat smooth and lovely, with small bottom spine split, small tear bottom staple, small chip bottom back cover, small corner chip TL back cover.  
Both for $68!

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7769.jpeg

Take them ... I also collect this title, and I like crime stories. 😁

HELLO!  I need to grab some food!  Been working all day, so won't be starting up till around 8 pst.  
In the meantime, I've reduced every unsold book,
and I'm listing one CLASSIC DROOLER!!

Edited by Black Bat

23 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Ghostly Weird #123
3.0  Water stains. 
Delicious low grade classic Cole/Disbrow PCH.  Waited a long time to get one of these- just got another, so I'm kicking this one out of the nest.  I cannot possibly over-declare my love the stories and art in this book.  
$318 REDUCED- NOW $278!!!  MY MOMMA GONNA WHOOP MY BUTT IF SHE FINDS OUT ABOUT THIS!!!

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

Okay okay, if you are going to force me to lol ...  :takeit:

1 hour ago, Black Bat said:

Ha ha- I know, right?  Just don't tell my mom!  Thanks!

I think your mom will complete the Blue Bolt/Ghostly Weird run before I do.  :taptaptap: 

BEWARE #4.  6.5 OW/W
Famous Slurpee Demon cover.  Banned in 1952 from all U.S. 7-11 Stores!  

(Who’s he trying to kid?  They didn’t even have Slurpees in !952!)

Bought one of these off the boards, and that weekend won another, same exact grade, at Auction.  Sometimes life’s just like that.

SOLD- THANK YOU!

BEWARE TERROR TALES #4 6.5.2 fc.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

PCH Starter Pack #2

Not sure you wanna dive into this PCH thing with a big purchase?  Wanna actually read a few before hitting the slabs?  Then step into my dungeon for a little looksee…  

These are all in the 1.5-2.5 range, miscellaneous ratty-ness, tears and foul odors.

Suspense #24 Decapitated cover! 
(note for all you newbies- don’t be fooled by the scam artists like I was: “decapitated cover” is not the same as “decapitation cover”)  
Uncanny Tales #27

Mystic #3
Mystic #20

SOLD- THANK YOU!
Anthony... Anthony...

IMG_7866.jpeg

IMG_7861.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Mysterious Adventures #19 2.0 C/OW
Spine splits down/up to the staples, but cover attached.  Chips off cover.  CF detached bottom staple. Rough copy but cover is smooth clean glossy and flat.  

This is the book that got me into PCH way back when.  Saw it on a dealer wall at the 1994 comic con- and it instantly melded with my raging Ed “Big Daddy” Roth obsession.
SOLD- THANK YOU!   (decal not included!)

662980406_ScreenShot2020-07-31at4_38_50PM.thumb.jpg.fd132c9b5b3a3073573ae96aaad16540.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

Witchcraft #6 
 Hollingsworth! Someday I’m going to make a decal from that skull!  Looks like someone just stuck one on the cover.
Tape pull on cover, significant LR corner brittle/abrasion, spine wear, etc.  All complete and attached and ready for reading.    
SOLD- THANK YOU!

IMG_7868.jpegWitchcraft Skull.png

Edited by Black Bat