• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

3528E2C4-2E74-4472-95F6-92CED3D2088A.jpeg

:whee:

With RMA in self imposed exile... someone had to pick up the slack with a nice good long post. 

Actually wishing RMA was around... he would love this thread. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

Does anyone know if the posts were removed by someone from the boards versus “hidden “ by the poster?

Unknown... 

Might be a mix of both. 

Just now, stynxno said:

Can you hide a post if someone else quotes you? 

Yes - go ahead and try... hide your post... the quote will remain. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Yes - go ahead and try... hide your post... the quote will remain. 

ah ha! But your quote of me remained. I was curious if it would disappear. I didn't hide/remove any of my posts so my guess is a mod was involved as well. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Unknown... 

Might be a mix of both. 

Interesting. I don’t understand the reasoning behind a moderator removing many (any?) of the posts as they were not derogatory or curse-filled, just a very poor seller of comics (at the least) saying dumb things  

If the poster himself is removing the comments then everyone is free to post screenshots, etc to make sure this isn’t swept under the rug like someone is attempting to do. 

1 minute ago, wombat said:

I've learned two things. @dylanthekid is clearly unethical and should be shunned and CGC clearlyhas some responsibility in this. How did they make the same mistake on multiple books? What systems and checks do they have in place to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen? We could be talking about thousands of dollars in price differences depending on the book. 

I hate to blame anyone, but QC is the last line of defense...

*wades in protecting vulnerable body parts

Wow, I was busy working and missed most of the bloodletting.  Not here to argue the initial issue, Dylan has said he should have listed the book faults and he has contacted buyers to rectify the situation.  Perhaps leading with that statement may have prevented the attack/counterattack and my inbox exploding. 

Maybe we can all take a breath and step back a bit?  I’m pretty sure if a similar situation presents itself Dylan would take a different route.  This probably means nothing to others but although I have never met Dylan I have bought from him and had some lengthy conversations.  I was impressed with his knowledge of all genre of comics, more shocking when I discovered he was 20.  We have also spoke at length about customer service and repeat sales and building a business.  He was very dedicated to improving customer service and reducing return rates.  Before launching on me I understand this current issue stands in opposition to all those statements, but I just have to reflect on some of the things I did when I was younger, lots of them “not great” but important learning curves.  Can anyone else relate to that?

Just my 2 cents

1 minute ago, Lightning55 said:

We need an abridged version of this thread.

Lol couldn’t agree more I scanned only through the last few pages as I’m on my phone 

5 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

*wades in protecting vulnerable body parts

Wow, I was busy working and missed most of the bloodletting.  Not here to argue the initial issue, Dylan has said he should have listed the book faults and he has contacted buyers to rectify the situation.  Perhaps leading with that statement may have prevented the attack/counterattack and my inbox exploding. 

Maybe we can all take a breath and step back a bit?  I’m pretty sure if a similar situation presents itself Dylan would take a different route.  This probably means nothing to others but although I have never met Dylan I have bought from him and had some lengthy conversations.  I was impressed with his knowledge of all genre of comics, more shocking when I discovered he was 20.  We have also spoke at length about customer service and repeat sales and building a business.  He was very dedicated to improving customer service and reducing return rates.  Before launching on me I understand this current issue stands in opposition to all those statements, but I just have to reflect on some of the things I did when I was younger, lots of them “not great” but important learning curves.  Can anyone else relate to that?

Just my 2 cents

E8B77557-D09B-4939-9F85-D87CFF84EABC.png

2 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

Before launching on me I understand this current issue stands in opposition to all those statements, but I just have to reflect on some of the things I did when I was younger, lots of them “not great” but important learning curves.  Can anyone else relate to that?

"And bad mistakes, I've made a few, I've had my share of sand kicked in my face---but I've come through..."  :whistle: