• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, manetteska said:

When and where did this happen?

28 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

You have the made the fairest post of anyone else on this entire thread such forth I will put my official statement in response to you :)

I apologize for not noting the non additive resto in the description. Frankly, it would have made ZERO difference as nobody even reads the picture anyway as per this entire discussion. This is just a big hassle for me, and I still affirm I did nothing wrong other than not put my response in one giant post.

FACTS: I have hid almost everything else that I have posted for the purpose of creating a CLEAR narrative.

There were actually 4 comics, not 2. Shame on any insufficiently_thoughtful_person who believed what another insufficiently_thoughtful_person wrote on the boards as fact.

I have reached out to all buyers of all 4 comics informing them of the recall. I am attempting & putting forth best efforts to obtain these books at this current time & have already obtained 2 so far.

5 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

You have the made the fairest post of anyone else on this entire thread such forth I will put my official statement in response to you :)

I apologize for not noting the non additive resto in the description. Frankly, it would have made ZERO difference as nobody even reads the picture anyway as per this entire discussion. This is just a big hassle for me, and I still affirm I did nothing wrong other than not put my response in one giant post.

FACTS: I have hid almost everything else that I have posted for the purpose of creating a CLEAR narrative.

There were actually 4 comics, not 2. Shame on any insufficiently_thoughtful_person who believed what another insufficiently_thoughtful_person wrote on the boards as fact.

I have reached out to all buyers of all 4 comics informing them of the recall. I am attempting & putting forth best efforts to obtain these books at this current time & have already obtained 2 so far.

At no point does he write that he would have added the description. He instead argues why there is no point to adresssing it in the product description. So to correct what was once stated by you:

Dylan has NEVER said he should have listed the book faults

Edited by William-James88

6 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:
21 minutes ago, manetteska said:

When and where did this happen?

I never saw that post; is it now gone?

Should have just said, "I presented the books as I saw CGC grade them. Looking back, it feels wrong and deceptive and I should've disclosed the restoration (here purposefully neglecting to mention he doesn't feel it is restoration). Going forward, I will present books in the light that the buyers who buy them will discover anyway. I strive for honesty and transparency and promise to use better judgment from here forward."

Personally, I think you get a good rep by slamming your own books. Don't undergrade, but say what you see wrong, and price them for what you would like. It's better to get the price you want for the item you know you are selling and the buyer knows they are buying than to have people believe they are getting something better. A little pleasant surprise now and then on the part of the buyer drives more business, not less.

How many dealers can you think of that make their reputation on tight grading? And how many on overgrading?

Just now, thunsicker said:
8 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I never saw that post; is it now gone?

Gone except for @Buzzetta's quote of it.

Again, why is this post gone? If done by a moderator, what is wrong with it? If removed by the poster, this is where he actually says he is trying to (begrudgingly) make the situation better for the buyers.

12 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

At no point does he write that he would have added the description. He instead argues why there is no point to adresssing it in the product description. So to correct what was once stated by you:

Find someone else to correct sir, he said he apologized for not noting the restoration in the description.  Why don’t you ask him if he would do it differently in the future?  I’m guessing yes.

9 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Should have just said, "I presented the books as I saw CGC grade them. Looking back, it feels wrong and deceptive and I should've disclosed the restoration (here purposefully neglecting to mention he doesn't feel it is restoration). Going forward, I will present books in the light that the buyers who buy them will discover anyway. I strive for honesty and transparency and promise to use better judgment from here forward."

Personally, I think you get a good rep by slamming your own books. Don't undergrade, but say what you see wrong, and price them for what you would like. It's better to get the price you want for the item you know you are selling and the buyer knows they are buying than to have people believe they are getting something better. A little pleasant surprise now and then on the part of the buyer drives more business, not less.

How many dealers can you think of that make their reputation on tight grading? And how many on overgrading?

For the win.  

3 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:
19 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Find someone else to correct sir, he said he apologized for not noting the restoration in the description.  Why don’t you ask him if he would do it differently in the future?  I’m guessing yes.

Actually, I am not sure if he would do it differently in the future -- if he could get away with it. I believe he received a lot of negative feedback and repercussions and is trying his darndest to halfway backpedal to appease some.

He says he should have listed the restoration but also says he did nothing wrong in not listing it, so I don't know if he learned anything from this. (And is playing the victim as sending emails to the buyers is a hassle for him).

Why are you so intent on defending him? I understand he is young, but if his "bio" has any truth to it, he has been selling comics for some time and should know better. Especially considering he spoke of restoration removal, so he knows the hit to the wallet for purple labels.

25 minutes ago, manetteska said:

He says he should have listed the restoration but also says he did nothing wrong in not listing it, so I don't know if he learned anything from this. (And is playing the victim as sending emails to the buyers is a hassle for him).

He never said he should have listed the restoration, he instead stated why he doesn't find it necessary.

38 minutes ago, joeypost said:

And lost in all of this, he states he has restoration removed and books disassembled. 

I think it's ignored because those posts read like complete nonsense. I don't even know what he means, like he did something CGC did not, what? Like after it was slabbed? 

36 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

He clearly stated right after why he feels it makes no sense to write it in the description. How would that in any way indicate that he thinks he should write more? 

Edited by William-James88

4 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Actually, I am not sure if he would do it differently in the future -- if he could get away with it. I believe he received a lot of negative feedback and repercussions and is trying his darndest to halfway backpedal to appease some.

Why are you so intent on defending him? I understand he is young, but if his "bio" has any truth to it, he has been selling comics for some time and should know better. Especially considering he spoke of restoration removal, so he knows the hit to the wallet for purple labels.

Not intent in defending him.  I just see a young guy who from my convos seems to have his heart in the right place.  He should have noted resto, and didn’t.  He came in swinging and got the Medicine.  At this point we either bury the body or find a “different” option.  I guess the Dad in me comes out in these situations and I’m always looking for a hard lesson learned.  Of course the hole digging would have to end😆

20 minutes ago, Green said:

Dunning kruger poster boy and 21 year old comic dealer financed by his daddy finds loophole to get his reassembled, restored, frankenbooks into blue label cgc cases. Story at 11. 

Loophole. Extremely poor practices by CGC. Take your pick.