• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

Another scammer tastes the justice of the CGC Boards! They always get their man. I'll never understand the people who try to take the ethical shortcuts. It's always going to catch up with them. It's so much more work to be dishonest, I don't get it.

16 minutes ago, arexcrooke said:

I assure you im not attacking you. Promise :foryou: 

But your points allow me to expand on how I believe this situation to be.

His heart is in the right place for him, his wallet. If his heart was in the right place he would not have sold the books in the way he did. 

All he has shown to me is that he is without ethics and morals. Harsh? Yes. Close to the mark on his behaviour? I believe it to be.

There are a handful of people in this hobby I will not do business with. This one just got added to the list.

B5A154E4-2F5B-4545-B58D-F1BCB3B7985C.jpeg

50 minutes ago, arexcrooke said:

I assure you im not attacking you. Promise :foryou: 

But your points allow me to expand on how I believe this situation to be.

His heart is in the right place for him, his wallet. If his heart was in the right place he would not have sold the books in the way he did. 

All he has shown to me is that he is without ethics and morals. Harsh? Yes. Close to the mark on his behaviour? I believe it to be.

There are a handful of people in this hobby I will not do business with. This one just got added to the list.

Chris....see he does miss us, so much so that he spelt behaviour properly!!!  :cloud9:

40 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

B5A154E4-2F5B-4545-B58D-F1BCB3B7985C.jpeg

She failed on the last member and wussed out and let Drogon do the dirty work. 

xoxo

5 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Dylan's response posts (which have all been scrubbed) did more damage to his rep than the eBay listings ever would have.  He probably could have put this to bed with relative ease, but he chose to lash out like a petulant child instead.   

Now knowing his propensity to disassemble books.... why would any one choose to buy from him?

Going only on the selling restored-as-unrestored (and his loose interpretation of restoration), I hope no one on the boards would buy from him in the future.

However, the boards are but a small drop in the number of buyers on eBay and Instagram, who are probably wholly uninformed on what happened here.

6 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Going only on the selling restored-as-unrestored (and his loose interpretation of restoration), I hope no one on the boards would buy from him in the future.

However, the boards are but a small drop in the number of buyers on eBay and Instagram, who are probably wholly uninformed on what happened here.

True...

Which brings up this statement he made:

=================================================================================

FACTS: I have hid almost everything else that I have posted for the purpose of creating a CLEAR narrative.

=================================================================================

Why would you hide postings to create a 'clear narrative'?

Perhaps it could be to hide information about you when a buyer does a Google search on you and your business practices. 

Dylan did say he was tech savvy after all.

• Administrator

We have been informed by Dylan that he has already taken steps to reach out to his purchasers to reverse the transactions so that the books can be re-submitted to CGC for necessary correction and re-holder. We want to thank Dylan for his cooperation in this regard, and seeing to it that, for the integrity of the hobby, books are properly labeled. 

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Sad but true, the beat will go on.

I think the biggest issue I have is how he acted.  This thread would’ve been cold pages ago had he not come in here guns blazing.  As we all know, there are plenty of people to buy books from.  A lot of the good ones sell here regularly.  Not that he cares of course, but I won’t ever buy anything from him.