• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Is this the same Dylan that screwed over a bunch of people on the boards (held sales thread, took money, and then ghosted) years ago? I recall posts defending his behavior back then, pointing to his age...

If yes, I’d say that excuse can barely be used once, let alone twice...

That appears to be a "Dillon"

1 hour ago, Foolkiller said:

I agree with folks that this was a blatant attempt to game the system and the responses were over the top and misguided.  But Dylan is also a college kid.  It doesn't excuse the response or the behavior, and all you can do to send a message is discontinue doing business with him, but eventually he did make the appropriate response.  I think we've all reacted or done something we wish we hadn't especially at a young age. I don't know that continuing this thread and beating this over and over again is the right approach either.  He made a mistake, he's correcting it.  

understood, and to me the point of this thread going forward is to get an answer from CGC on what they are doing for the larger problem so A) it doesnt keep happening and b) how they are cleaning up all of the slabs out there that are mis-labeled. 

Market trust affects ALL our slabs. So I do believe the customer base deserves an answer. 

There is an air of legitimacy associated with being an Overstreet advisor. I am not sure this thread shows that that legitimization is warranted.

I didn't contact them, but sullying the reputation of the other Overstreet advisors by association is serious, and I would not expect them to take it lying down. Of course, I don't mean their actual reputations but rather the inferred quality the additional title comes with.

1 minute ago, Guardian Comics said:

Why???  Read the thread, the Overstreet name has been sullied in this very thread.  From "how low is the bar to get in" to "I guess you just gotta buy a big ad"

I consider my biggest success in this hobby was when I became an Advisor (and I didn't have to buy an ad) and things like how low is the bar for Advisorship takes away from the twenty plus years I busted my chops trying to be a success in this business.  

Kudo's on becoming an Overstreet advisor! I did not intend to insult or demean that group in any way.

I fully agree that the case against the OP is looking very bad and his lack of response screams volumes. Just not into destroying someone's lively hood until the facts are fully laid out (and again, it's lookin' real bad for him).

If Dylan actually committed a Federal level Fraud offense - being an Overstreet advisor will be the least of his worries. 

-bc

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Sorry, but a lot of us see it this way.

If a person is going to start dabbling in four figure frauds (which is a felony pretty much anywhere in the US), the "he's young" excuse doesn't fly.

Did he alter the labels? Did he conceal the labels? He certainly didn't draw attention to the labels, but that's not fraud.

Just now, Lazyboy said:

Did he alter the labels? Did he conceal the labels? He certainly didn't draw attention to the labels, but that's not fraud.

In the sense of the listings themselves, I agree with you.  Technically, all information that the buyer would need to make an informed decision was available (cert number, resto notes on the label).  I wouldn't even use the term "fraud" if the July occurrence was the only one.  

The problem for Dylan is that he did this once before with the January book that skirted a Qualified designation and received a blue character label, then fetched blue label level money on eBay.  With that knowledge in hand, one could argue that there was willful intent on his part to use the character label loophole to get the 4 July books, each of which he knew had restoration work done to them, into blue labels when he knew they should have been purple.  

His subsequent comments here on the boards that boiled down "oh, that stuff doesn't qualify as restoration anyway" could then be pointed to as part of an attempted coverup on his part.

I'm certainly not going out and writing any criminal complaints on this, just saying there's an argument to be made of an intent to defraud on Dylan's part.

3 hours ago, bc said:

Kudo's on becoming an Overstreet advisor! I did not intend to insult or demean that group in any way.

I fully agree that the case against the OP is looking very bad and his lack of response screams volumes. Just not into destroying someone's lively hood until the facts are fully laid out (and again, it's lookin' real bad for him).

If Dylan actually committed a Federal level Fraud offense - being an Overstreet advisor will be the least of his worries. 

-bc

If anyone has a problem with me, you can give me a call & discuss it, I have absolutely nothing to hide. The part that everyone forgets in this thread is that I thought the resto was non additive to the current grades making it a blue label. Trimming is not considered restoration, it is damage that is intended to deceive people & shame on anyone who does not note it. There was absolutely no change on my end, I canceled the sales pretty immediately after finding out, actually quite frankly it took longer because I had this really annoying thread to deal with.

11 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

I was 7 years old back then. I am filing a civil suit against anyone who slanders Dylan Schwartz. I am advising CGC to take this down, to avoid further legal action.

Nothing else has worked, may as well try threatening us.

1 minute ago, dylanthekid said:

If anyone has a problem with me, you can give me a call & discuss it, I have absolutely nothing to hide. The part that everyone forgets in this thread is that I thought the resto was non additive to the current grades making it a blue label. Trimming is not considered restoration, it is damage that is intended to deceive people & shame on anyone who does not note it. There was absolutely no change on my end, I canceled the sales pretty immediately after finding out, actually quite frankly it took longer because I had this really annoying thread to deal with.

If you really did cancel all the sales and refund the money, you are on the right path (thumbsu

4 hours ago, bc said:

Think that is uncalled for until the full extent of this situation is known and documented.

Finally someone who doesn't believe everything they read! kudos to you. This thread has a very poor case of the misinformations

3 minutes ago, bc said:

If you really did cancel all the sales and refund the money, you are on the right path (thumbsu

YES of course! I did it as soon as I knew about the recall. I wish people realized I wasn't "gaming the system." and actually bothered to pick up the phone and ask me one damn question

On 7/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, mattn792 said:

Dylan's response posts (which have all been scrubbed) did more damage to his rep than the eBay listings ever would have.  He probably could have put this to bed with relative ease, but he chose to lash out like a petulant child instead.   

Not scrubbed, consolidated. Do you have any questions to ask to me :)?