• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2020 at 7:05 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I am not even so sure about that anymore.. Did you see this mess CGC Graded Universal?20200720_221411.thumb.jpg.188a4e6a3b797b5b067e05bdd5787ff7.jpg

Although they at least note it all on the label even if it is Blue.:facepalm:

Trimming is NOT restoration. It is damage, just like married pages & should be noted. Yeah, of course if you take 1/2 of a statement & blow out of context you are gonna make a good guy sound like voldy!

For example:

Let's eat kids.

Let's eat, kids.

23 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

I was 7 years old back then. I am filing a civil suit against anyone who slanders Dylan Schwartz. I am advising CGC to take this down, to avoid further legal action.

Isn't it past your bedtime?  :baiting:

1 minute ago, dylanthekid said:

That's not a question, it's a link that a 5 year could make.

"This book is in approximate 8.0 condition, has Off-White White quality pages and it is unrestored."

Do you believe that book is an 8.0?

Edited by bc

18 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

Trimming is not considered restoration

Dylan, you may not think trimming is restoration which is fine to have your opinion.

CGC does consider trimming restoration and there were CGC slabbed books involved.

Here is the CGC page - "An Overview of Comic Book Restoration' where they note - "There are 11 basic enhancements that qualify as restoration: color touch, piece fill, tear seals, spine split seals, reinforcement, piece re-attachment, cleaning, staple replacement, re-glossing, glue and trimming."

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/restoration/

Again, you are perfectly entitled to have your opinion but when CGC notes trimming, books should be in a PLOD label as per their definition.

And you mentioned slander earlier.  I think you mean libel defamation not slander.  My understanding is slander is spoken defamation while libel is in tangible print form.  

Edited by telerites

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

Dylan, you may not think trimming is restoration which is fine to have your opinion.

CGC does consider trimming restoration and there were CGC slabbed books involved.

Here is the CGC page - "An Overview of Comic Book Restoration' where they note - "There are 11 basic enhancements that qualify as restoration: color touch, piece fill, tear seals, spine split seals, reinforcement, piece re-attachment, cleaning, staple replacement, re-glossing, glue and trimming."

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/restoration/

Again, you are perfectly entitled to have your opinion but when CGC notes trimming, books should be in a PLOD label as per their definition.

And you mentioned slander earlier.  I think you mean libel defamation not slander.  My understanding is slander is spoken defamation while libel is in tangible print form.  

I agree with everything on those is resto except trimming. I think pressing & cleaning are restoration though. The industry standard is not to note clean/press unless you are Greg Reece who is a great guy don't get me wrong. Trimming should have its own category (should always be noted to the buyers), it's not the color of the label I have a problem with, I just think restoration is the wrong word-Alteration is a much better word.

Yes I agree slander is spoken, yet the structure of this hub is a "chat board," people are behaving as though it is spoken. Although it is online, you cannot say or do whatever you want-The first amendment does have limits.

3 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

The industry standard is not to note clean/press unless you are Greg Reece who is a great guy don't get me wrong

See, these are the kind of statements that don't necessarily endear potential customers.

What's the deal with a little transparency? We all KNOW pressing is going on. Why not just state it up front since it's pretty much implied anymore?

5 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

Yes. It's an ugly 8.0, but it is an 8.0

I look forward to the next Grader Competition. I was very upset that I missed MarchMadness. @Toro is King

This exact copy of this book is an 8.0? Asking for a friend.....

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Just now, bc said:

See, these are the kind of statements that don't necessarily endear potential customers.

What's the deal with a little transparency? We all KNOW pressing is going on. Why not just state it up front since it's pretty much implied anymore?

If you can convince Comicconnect, Heritage, & Comiclink I'll entertain the idea. I don't think holding me to a higher standard than the 3 biggest comic auction houses is really fair. Not noting it is acceptable, it doesn't really change the price of the item at auction either way, & it costs me money to note it. Plus there is an additional problem of things that could have been pressed really poorly but I have no proof.  It makes absolutely no financial sense. This is different than resto in that it is unethical not to note resto-Based on the misinformation here I feel like I HAVE to say this last part.

29 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

Not scrubbed, consolidated. Do you have any questions to ask to me :)?

I do. 

1 minute ago, dylanthekid said:

Light sun shadow top back, about 6 spine ticks, tiny tear on bottom spine, slight to moderate foxing on spine. that back really needs a clean!

No notes about the staple pulls/tears/rust or the dirt/mold along the spine or the foxing along the top of the back cover?

Just now, steveinthecity said:

I just noticed a post/reply was “consolidated” in the last few minutes.

Yes, I mentioned to someone I had asked if they had any questions, & they provided a link not a question. So I wrote, "A 5 year old could post a link, that is not a question." I deleted it because I decided it wasn't helpful to the overall conversation. I should not have stooped to his level.

Based on what you said, It's like the boardies WANT to find some sort of wrong. I guess if you have a pre concieved notion without really knowing the truth you start to see it everywhere. Hey that's why so many white people hated black people 100 years ago!

3 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

If you can convince Comicconnect, Heritage, & Comiclink I'll entertain the idea. I don't think holding me to a higher standard than the 3 biggest comic auction houses is really fair. Not noting it is acceptable, it doesn't really change the price of the item at auction either way, & it costs me money to note it. Plus there is an additional problem of things that could have been pressed really poorly but I have no proof.  It makes absolutely no financial sense. This is different than resto in that it is unethical not to note resto-Based on the misinformation here I feel like I HAVE to say this last part.

I have seen many sellers say "not pressed to my knowledge" when they themselves did not press it and bought it not knowing any more. This is still disclosed. But if you know the book is pressed or pressed it yourself, you should say so. It doesn't cost money to note it. I don't know why you think this is the case. There is a description section on eBay where you can write more about the comic you are selling including restoration or pressing and cleaning, and these things should be noted. Strive to be better than your competitors. People notice.