• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dylanthekid said:

Yes, I mentioned to someone I had asked if they had any questions, & they provided a link not a question. So I wrote, "A 5 year old could post a link, that is not a question." I deleted it because I decided it wasn't helpful to the overall conversation. I should not have stooped to his level.

Based on what you said, It's like the boardies WANT to find some sort of wrong. I guess if you have a pre concieved notion without really knowing the truth you start to see it everywhere. Hey that's why so many white people hated black people 100 years ago!

Ah yes, saved for posterity (thumbsu

Yes, I mentioned to someone I had asked if they had any questions, & they provided a link not a question. So I wrote, "A 5 year old could post a link, that is not a question." I deleted it because I decided it wasn't helpful to the overall conversation. I should not have stooped to his level.

Based on what you said,It's like the boardies WANT to find some sort of wrong. I guess if you have a pre concieved notion without really knowing the truth you start to see it everywhere. Hey that's why so many white people hated black people 100 years ago!

What did I say?  ???

Just now, PeterPark said:

I have seen many sellers say "not pressed to my knowledge" when they themselves did not press it and bought it not knowing any more. This is still disclosed. But if you know the book is pressed or pressed it yourself, you should say so. It doesn't cost money to note it. I don't know why you think this is the case. There is a description section on eBay where you can write more about the comic you are selling including restoration or pressing and cleaning, and these things should be noted. Strive to be better than your competitors. People notice.

It does cost money to note it. Are you volunteering to come over to my warehouse & note all my books free of charge & also employ free of charge someone to oversee you & make sure you are not smoking a joint instead of working etc?

2 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

mold is black, foxing is brown.

and the the staple pulls/tears/rust?

and I cease about the foxing, its just a dust shadow

Edited by bc

Just now, dylanthekid said:

It does cost money to note it. Are you volunteering to come over to my warehouse & note all my books free of charge & also employ free of charge someone to oversee you & make sure you are not smoking a joint instead of working etc?

Then maybe you should not be dealing with an inventory that is beyond your capability of handling. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Are we consulting 'daddy' about this? 

Let me tell you how this is going to play out.   

The short... not well for you. 

The long.  Again, I believe that you acted in an unethical manner which speaks of your core character.   After passing this to a few friends a couple have already stated that they would not trust doing business with you or want to especially with the way you are behaving here.  In case you have not noticed, I am tripling down here.   Here is how this will work.

• Upon being questioned in court you will be asked if you assign a value to the grade that CGC offers on a book.  That answer is obviously true by your past sales. 
  • You will then be asked if you assign a price on an item because you accept that the grade assigned by CGC is a representation of that item.  That answer is obviously true by your past sales.
  • You will then be why you will accept the grade assigned by CGC when it benefits you but choose to ignore aspects of the notes that CGC makes concerning the item. 
  • You will explain your shady AF responses and I will get others to laugh at you and make you appear even more foolish than you already seem.  
  • It will be presented that historically CGC has considered trimmed books as restoration and has put them in restored holders. 
  • Then the timeline of the books that you have sold will be submitted. 
  • A case will be made that you have tried to game the system after testing the waters with the first book that you sold. 

You will lose... badly

Ok first of all, I was referring to a civil case against slanderous people on this forum not a criminal case against me. (I think this was pretty explicit)

Second of all let's say we are talking criminal any lawyer for either side would ask why I did not send them straight back to Florida & I would explain about the non additive resto.

3 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

Um, what?

49 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

If anyone has a problem with me, you can give me a call & discuss it, I have absolutely nothing to hide. The part that everyone forgets in this thread is that I thought the resto was non additive to the current grades making it a blue label. Trimming is not considered restoration, it is damage that is intended to deceive people & shame on anyone who does not note it. There was absolutely no change on my end, I canceled the sales pretty immediately after finding out, actually quite frankly it took longer because I had this really annoying thread to deal with.

This seems pretty revisionist.

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Then maybe you should not be dealing with an inventory that is beyond your capability of handling. 

Maybe I'm not capable of having a better description on ALL of my comics, than of your likely 5 or 10 or much smaller quantity than me. But overall, I sell so many more. Frankly you are the first person to ever complain about me not noting pressing so why would I change my entire detail structure on one person?

The more detailed a description the more time it takes, the more money it costs nuff said

I think you are confusing your costs with eBay costs. There is no compensation for the efficiency of your business. If it is not you posting the books, then you should find someone competent to do so. If they have difficulty posting descriptions of the books they are selling, maybe individual sales are not the way to go for that book. I post reader lots for books that are not worth it. Details are not great but collectible condition and high prices are not expected either. Why do I have to tell you this?

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I am referring to how I cannot wait to defend myself upon your ridiculous thread of a civil case.   I will say it for the fourth time.  I do not believe that you acted in a ethical manner in relation to selling restored books in blue label holders.   So...  you earned it:

Here is how this will work.

• It will be presented in court that you assign a value to the grade that CGC offers on a book.  That answer is obviously true by your past sales. 
  • You will then be asked if you assign a price on an item because you accept that the grade assigned by CGC is a representation of that item.  That answer is obviously true by your past sales.
  • You will then be asked why you will accept the grade assigned by CGC when it benefits you but choose to ignore aspects of the notes that CGC makes concerning the item. 
  • You will explain your shady AF responses and I will get others to laugh at you and make you appear even more foolish than you already seem.  
  • It will be presented that historically CGC has considered trimmed books as restoration and has put them in restored holders. 
  • Then the timeline of the books that you have sold will be submitted. 
  • A case will be made that you have tried to game the system after testing the waters with the first book that you sold.

No, I just need to prove you knew something was not true, & you said it anyway with the intent of causing me harm.

Just now, PeterPark said:

I think you are confusing your costs with eBay costs. There is no compensation for the efficiency of your business. If it is not you posting the books, then you should find someone competent to do so. If they have difficulty posting descriptions of the books they are selling, maybe individual sales are not the way to go for that book. I post reader lots for books that are not worth it. Details are not great but collectible condition and high prices are not expected either. Why do I have to tell you this?

Whether I pay ebay, you, or a leprechaun it is all the same at the end of the day

Maybe I'm not capable of having a better description on ALL of my comics, than of your likely 5 or 10 or much smaller quantity than me. But overall, I sell so many more. Frankly you are the first person to ever complain about me not noting pressing so why would I change my entire detail structure on one person?

Dylan... you cannot even comment to the right people with the correlating conversation.  

I never mentioned a thing about pressing... that was someone else. 

1 minute ago, PeterPark said:

".............I post reader lots for books that are not worth it. ........."

I do not, because I want to make money. Even for my collection, I'd rather buy something not described as well if the price is even slightly cheaper.

Whether I pay ebay, you, or a leprechaun it is all the same at the end of the day

I don't know if you are misunderstanding me on purpose or what. eBay doesn't charge you to write a description. I don't know what you charge yourself or if you outsource, but if your people (father?) can't adequately do that job, the result is inadequate. Leprechauns aren't real.

I do not, because I want to make money. Even for my collection, I'd rather buy something not described as well if the price is even slightly cheaper.

So when it is worth it to sell the comic you can write an adequate description. This is hard to understand?