• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

EDIT:  If you look closely the Purple Capped Containers of 2% Milk while the Blue Capped Containers are Fat Free... The Green Label Containers are 1%.

Thankfully Dylan doesn't sell milk. 

image.jpg

Speaking about pressing and from what I am seeing here, I believe the bottom row of milk containers needs to be sent into the boys at CCS or to Joey if they want to maximize their potential in order to get top dollar for them.  hm  lol

Just now, lou_fine said:

Speaking about pressing and from what I am seeing here, I believe the bottom row of milk containers needs to be sent into the boys at CCS or to Joey if they want to maximize their potential in order to get top dollar for them.  hm  lol

The real question to @dylanthekid is this... 

Imagine if, by accident Farmland mistakenly put a blue cap on what should be a purple capped 2% Milk.  Now, TMI time... As I kind of mentioned to @comicdonna, I cannot drink 2% milk.  I get sick.  Like... badly sick.

Now if Dylan received milk from the distributor and he noticed one case of 2% milk that was mistakenly packaged in the wrong containers... would he be okay selling it? would he mix it in with all the other blue capped milk that was fat free? 

Just a question. 

19 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Cancel your eBay listing. Send this to CCS and then cgc if it comes back blue 8.0 or higher I'll pay 2x what it cost for pressing, cleaning and grading. If it doesn't come back 8.0 or higher you pay me $50

Since you hid/deleted the book I've added the pics here. 

@dylanthekid

Screenshot_20200731-191636_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-191640_eBay.jpg

That's an easy 50. Congratulations.

55 minutes ago, wombat said:

Do the blue caps cost more? Because if they do I'm pretty sure I know the answer. 

The higher the fat, the more expensive the milk. Whole milk costs more than 2% costs more than skim.

19 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Cancel your eBay listing. Send this to CCS and then cgc if it comes back blue 8.0 or higher I'll pay 2x what it cost for pressing, cleaning and grading. If it doesn't come back 8.0 or higher you pay me $50

Since you hid/deleted the book I've added the pics here. 

@dylanthekid

Screenshot_20200731-191636_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-191640_eBay.jpg

I somehow missed that... he really advertised that as an 8.0?

I saw from his picture that he wears glasses, perhaps if he is going to threaten anyone with legal action it should be his optician. 

27 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I saw from his picture that he wears glasses, perhaps if he is going to threaten anyone with legal action it should be his optician. 

Not only did he advertise it, he came here and defended it. 

22 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

Ok first of all, I was referring to a civil case against slanderous people on this forum not a criminal case against me. (I think this was pretty explicit)

Second of all let's say we are talking criminal any lawyer for either side would ask why I did not send them straight back to Florida & I would explain about the non additive resto.

I would love to hear the court version of this explanation.

22 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

No, I just need to prove you knew something was not true, & you said it anyway with the intent of causing me harm.

Let me assure you that your understanding of the "actual malice" standard for libel is even less complete that your knowledge of the 8.0 grading standard for comics.

2 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Well frankly Buzzeta should have put in his profile that he is lawsuit intolerant

2 hours ago, Qalyar said:

Let me assure you that your understanding of the "actual malice" standard for libel is even less complete that your knowledge of the 8.0 grading standard for comics.

I am intolerant of those that wave around the threat of lawsuit whenever they get called out on their nonsense as a means of trying to deflect from the commentary of their actions. 

Sure, they are free to try and bring anyone they want to court.  However, as I have personally seen, it works both ways and can end very poorly for them in so many different manners. 

My personal favorite is a retired police officer I knew that tried to sue someone.  After he was made to look foolish at trial, he was made an example of when the tables were turned and he had to pay for everything down to the staples used to clip paperwork together.  

That book he claims is an 8.0 Is a real beaut though.  

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

He most certainly does...and defended it in this thread a few times till he scrubbed his post.

I might have to up my anti and offer him 3x his costs :baiting: @dylanthekid

image.thumb.png.c6d70928d548f7012ff18f5d067d426f.png

23 hours ago, wombat said:

23 hours ago, bc said:

"This book is in approximate 8.0 condition, has Off-White White quality pages and it is unrestored."

Do you believe that book is an 8.0?

23 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

Yes. It's an ugly 8.0, but it is an 8.0

I look forward to the next Grader Competition. I was very upset that I missed MarchMadness. @Toro is King

23 hours ago, bc said:

This exact copy of this book is an 8.0? Asking for a friend.....

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Light sun shadow top back, about 6 spine ticks, tiny tear on bottom spine, slight to moderate foxing on spine. that back really needs a clean!

23 hours ago, bc said:

No notes about the staple pulls/tears/rust or the dirt/mold along the spine or the foxing along the top of the back cover?

mold is black, foxing is brown.

23 hours ago, bc said:

and the the staple pulls/tears/rust?

and I cease about the foxing, its just a dust shadow