• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Dont ruin my fun! I'm hoping he'll take me up on my offer of... Screw it 4x his cost of it hits 8.0 or higher... If not he pays me $50

Well I understand the reward is 50$, but you need to reasonably estimate the risk too. 

I hope there is no loophole that gives your desired grade on the books you submit. In that case you're out of 💰.

2 hours ago, god503 said:

HEY D....  

Time to change the name of your ID, name of shop, etc. Stop the bleeding and learn from customers...  Every day is a new day to start anew.   (thumbsu

If he changed name and ID, I would very much want to know to ensure I never buy from him. I don't want any of his books that would come back purple label when he said they wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Dont ruin my fun! I'm hoping he'll take me up on my offer of... Screw it 4x his cost of it hits 8.0 or higher... If not he pays me $50

1 hour ago, allthingskryptonite said:

Well I understand the reward is 50$, but you need to reasonably estimate the risk too. 

I hope there is no loophole that gives your desired grade on the books you submit. In that case you're out of 💰.

Yep. I forsee marriage of a better cover, then disassemble the book clean each page and any too Bad just take from a better copy. Restoration / Conservation on any issue that would prevent anything below 8.0 and Bam! ^^

Once bet has been won, crack and sell raw.

11 hours ago, god503 said:

HEY D....  

Time to change the name of your ID, name of shop, etc. Stop the bleeding and learn from customers...  Every day is a new day to start anew.   (thumbsu

But then he couldn't allege slander, er, I mean, libel, or is it product liability or medical malpractice or ....:ohnoez:

11 hours ago, William-James88 said:

If he changed name and ID, I would very much want to know to ensure I never buy from him. I don't want any of his books that would come back purple label when he said they wouldn't.

Everyone deserves a chance to learn from their wrongs and try again.   You, me D,etc however no second chances.... 

17 minutes ago, god503 said:

Everyone deserves a chance to learn from their wrongs and try again.   You, me D,etc however no second chances.... 

hes had many, many chances in this thread to learn and instead he's lied,  confused, denied and whitewashed the issues.  How much does this guy have to shovel our way before we recognize what he is?

Like a few hallowed comics before it.........this book is now legendary on the boards.

I don't submit books.......but a forum member should buy it and take up a collection in here to cover the cost of the comic as well as CGC Walk Through service for it.  I have a feeling the costs would be covered pretty quickly.  

A grading contest could be held for it before revealing the ugly truth......with the winner getting a pat on the back or even the book itself.

Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Like a few hallowed comics before it.........this book is now legendary on the boards.

I don't submit books.......but a forum member should buy it and take up a collection in here to cover the cost of the comic as well as CGC Walk Through service for it.  I have a feeling the costs would be covered pretty quickly.  

A grading contest could be held for it before revealing the ugly truth......with the winner getting a pat on the back or even the book itself.

Just a thought.

Orrrrrrrrrr......

You want to really have some marketing fun with it...

• Win / Buy the book and have it graded.  Print out the auction and have it framed.
  • When the book comes back at a grade obviously less than an 8.0 hang that up next to the frame.
  • Submit a book that you believe to be an 8.0 and make sure it comes back an 8.0 or better. 
  • Hang everything side by side at the register.... take it to shows.
  • Make a sign that says, "Our 8.0's vs the Competition's 8.0's" 

But what do I know?  That's just something someone could do... I'm not saying they should.  I'm just saying that is an option.   It's like seeing and then crossing over the bridge... you could run across the bridge, walk across the bridge, you could go over the side of the bridge... there are so many options... I'm just a guy that likes to map out options.