• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored CGC books in new 'character' blue labels.
8 8

492 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I would bet that an 8.0 with mold on it has never come around before. 

Remember ... careful what you say... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5549465

I was gone for three days, thanks to all for keeping this rolling so I could enjoy it tonight. Beats the heck outta Sunday school!

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Come on........ it's either a boardie who bought this, a friend of Dylans, or Dylan himself.

Whoever won, they all lose.

32 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Whoever won, they all lose.

Nope.  I'm hoping a boardie won it and goes full throttle having it graded by CGC.  I will personally reimburse them for a portion of their fees.  I'm sure other boardies will join me.

I see the grade in the 2.5 region.  Just slightly below the 8.0 that the Overstreet advisor gave it.

That'll be a win.

Edited by gadzukes

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Nope.  I'm hoping a boardie won it and goes full throttle having it graded by CGC.  I will personally reimburse them for a portion of their fees.  I'm sure other boardies will join me.

I see the grade in the 2.5 region.  Just slightly below the 8.0 that the Overstreet advisor gave it.

That'll be a win.

Ok, I change my answer: we all win!

6 hours ago, gadzukes said:

That'll be a win.

gad, I think he would say why his grading is superior and that CGC doesn't know how to grade.  And the bottom line would probably be that grading is subjective.

I was hoping we could find another copy available to compare how much the buyer overpaid for that rag.  I did find a copy on Metro/CC in 9.4 Crippen Copy (raw) for $248 open to offers.  I am not a fan of Metro's raw grading but if I really wanted a copy of that book, I would hope I could get it for a little less than the asking price on Metro and get an obviously superior book in a pedigree.

I do hope he comes on like he proposed earlier to participate in the grading contest but since his and CGC's standards appear diametrically opposed, he may declare himself the winner if he disagrees with the CGC assigned grade.

And on the Giggle Comics, one of our boardie's (blissard on Ebay) just sold a mess of them (closed yesterday).  While not the same issue, many of his were in the VG range and looked to me in much higher grade than that #3 and I trust Adam's grading a lot.