• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone remember a Comic Art class/club at Umass in the 90s?

6 posts in this topic

Howdy gang!

Long ago in college I remember running into a class or club of some sort about comic art at Umass Amherst, probably 1994-1995. I only attended it once (before I really got into the hobby), but have always wondered if the people involved in it were still in the hobby?

Ring any bells for anyone?

1 hour ago, RabidFerret said:

Howdy gang!

Long ago in college I remember running into a class or club of some sort about comic art at Umass Amherst, probably 1994-1995. I only attended it once (before I really got into the hobby), but have always wondered if the people involved in it were still in the hobby?

Ring any bells for anyone?

News to me, I wasn't going there but my gf at the time was. She wasn't into comics, so I never heard of it.

Please tell me you guys went to Words and Pictures, that was such a cool thing while it existed.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

News to me, I wasn't going there but my gf at the time was. She wasn't into comics, so I never heard of it.

Please tell me you guys went to Words and Pictures, that was such a cool thing while it existed.

I went once or twice and remember it vividly!! Except again, sadly, I wasn't as into comic art back then and didn't appreciate how amazing it was. I can still remember walking through the art floor, or the full sized turtles hanging from a wall. They had paper out so you could draw. It was such a cool place:) I'm sure I would be shocked at what was on those walls...