• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you give me your thoughts on a tec 359
2 2

17 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2020 at 12:30 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Hey guys- picked this up in the my comic shop auction , they graded it a 2.5 . From the pics I thought it was a bit under graded and in hand still do. The centerfold is detached everything is tightly in place. what is everyone’s thoughts on this? Thanks I’m advance! 

those statements back to back are a bit confusing, is the centrefold detached or not?

1 minute ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I forgot the word else... the centerfold is detached everything else is tight

Ah ok, well then it is not undergraded. Your comic shop simply followed the overstreet rules which is what generally should be followed when selling a raw book. 

https://comics.ha.com/tutorial/comics-grading.s?show=comicdefinitions

I too would grade it 2.5.

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

Ah ok, well then it is not undergraded. Your comic shop simply followed the overstreet rules which is what generally should be followed when selling a raw book. 

https://comics.ha.com/tutorial/comics-grading.s?show=comicdefinitions

I too would grade it 2.5.

Thanks- I was asking about CGC grading if I submit. 

Just now, Unstoppablejayd said:

Thanks- I was asking about CGC grading if I submit. 

When did you say that? You just said you thought it was undergraded and asked for our thoughts, and I am telling you it is not undergraded

Also CGC never revealed their own standards, I can only give you the grade it's in at the moment, which is 2.5. Since CGC did use the overstreet principles as a basis for their rules, I would not rule 2.5 out of the outcome. I have seen just as many posts of people asking why they got back a low grade on a book that they thought looked better. It can happen to this book too. 

2 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

When did you say that? You just said you thought it was undergraded and asked for our thoughts, and I am telling you it is not undergraded

Also CGC never revealed their own standards, I can only give you the grade it's in at the moment, which is 2.5. Since CGC did use the overstreet principles as a basis for their rules, I would not rule 2.5 out of the outcome. I have seen just as many posts of people asking why they got back a low grade on a book that they thought looked better. It can happen to this book too. 

That is all true. thanks for your input it is appreciated. 

3.5-4.0

Pretty sure detached centrefold has been seen on 6.0 books but those are on Golden age books where they are more lenient. However here, it should still get a blue label as it is in the 4.5-5.0 range at best if the centrefold were attached. 

Some people hate loose pages and covers. On the right book I’m fine with it. This one seems like a good buy.