• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to acquire an All-Star 8
3 3

89 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

And GPA is wrong. The last sale, which GoCollect actually mentioned was in 2018 on ComicLink.

Look, I'm not saying that GoCollect or GPAnalysis are the be-all or end-all of comic book prices. You asked me where I came up with that number, and I told you. Was there anywhere in that post where I stated that the price must be written in stone, because it come from GoCollect? We both know the answer to that.

I use three sources to determine comic book prices: GoCollect, GPAnalysis, and Ebay sold prices. I think each site has both some strengths and weaknesses. As someone mentioned, not all prices are provided to GoCollect or GPAnalysis. And I have seen books on Ebay go for over FMV, because two or more people got in a bidding war.

5 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Look, I'm not saying that GoCollect or GPAnalysis are the be-all or end-all of comic book prices. You asked me where I came up with that number, and I told you. Was there anywhere in that post where I stated that the price must be written in stone, because it come from GoCollect? We both know the answer to that.

I use three sources to determine comic book prices: GoCollect, GPAnalysis, and Ebay sold prices. I think each site has both some strengths and weaknesses. As someone mentioned, not all prices are provided to GoCollect or GPAnalysis. And I have seen books on Ebay go for over FMV, because two or more people got in a bidding war.

I sense a twinge of anger in your words lol. Relax amigo, just pointing out factual information 😁. Wasn’t trying to attack your character or knowledge on the cost of comics 😉

12 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I sense a twinge of anger in your words lol. Relax amigo, just pointing out factual information 😁. Wasn’t trying to attack your character or knowledge on the cost of comics 😉

@LDarkseid1, I just had a long day at work. I guess the lesson I need to learn is to not immediately start posting when I get home. Maybe 4 - 5 games of solitaire would take the edge off. doh!

Actually, I would be interested to learn if there is another resource collectors use to value their collection. I know of the three I mentioned earlier, but is there some other site that I don't know about? I know someone will recommend Overstreet, but with only yearly updates, Overstreet can miss on hot books. Anyone know what Overstreet prices Ultimate Fallout #4 at? I'd be surprised if it was close to what is considered FMV today.

8 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

@LDarkseid1, I just had a long day at work. I guess the lesson I need to learn is to not immediately start posting when I get home. Maybe 4 - 5 games of solitaire would take the edge off. doh!

Actually, I would be interested to learn if there is another resource collectors use to value their collection. I know of the three I mentioned earlier, but is there some other site that I don't know about? I know someone will recommend Overstreet, but with only yearly updates, Overstreet can miss on hot books. Anyone know what Overstreet prices Ultimate Fallout #4 at? I'd be surprised if it was close to what is considered FMV today.

All good! No you pretty much used the ones that I know of and also use. Gocollect just tends to get on my nerves sometimes I guess with what I feel are not genuine cost analyses. Maybe an FF1 9.0 will hit an upcoming auction block though and we can see something more tangible. If I had to guess what Overstreet had UF4 at, I’d imagine not even close to current FMV, but not 100% sure of course.

5 hours ago, BarristerBaker said:

Lots to like in this thread - tough decisions, some lessons learned, a little good math, a little bad math, and another glimpse at perhaps my favorite OA.

This is the content I’m here for. 

Where was the bad math? lol