• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recreating missing pieces

3 posts in this topic

I recently bought a page that had several panels inserted digitally. I'd like to replace them to display the page.

I'm pretty sure I can handle the art end of this. (Most of it. I'm going to have to track down the non-Ditko panel.) But I'm looking for advice on mounting it.

Obviously I'm not going to do anything to the actual page. No glue. No tape. I'm thinking the new panels should be mounted on an acid-free layer of acetate? Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

lizard2018.thumb.jpg.7f807a6e167703fb6668da97e0f787ed.jpg

Edited by rikemice

1 hour ago, rikemice said:

I recently bought a page that had several panels inserted digitally. I'd like to replace them to display the page.

I'm pretty sure I can handle the art end of this. (Most of it. I'm going to have to track down the non-Ditko panel.) But I'm looking for advice on mounting it.

Obviously I'm not going to do anything to the actual page. No glue. No tape. I'm thinking the new panels should be mounted on an acid-free layer of acetate? Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

lizard2018.thumb.jpg.7f807a6e167703fb6668da97e0f787ed.jpg

No experience but acid free acetate makes sense.  No different than an overlay of text bubbles

Malvin

9 minutes ago, malvin said:

No experience but acid free acetate makes sense.  No different than an overlay of text bubbles

Malvin

Right, that's where I got the idea. Hoping someone with some experience can give me a few pointers. And maybe a good source for the overlay.