• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Comics Cover Color Diversity?

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Wow! That’s a pretty one! Was that from Lee Hestor’s Palo Alto collection? 

That’s right Bob; Lees comics was the seller. I remember him telling me it came out of Palo Alto. Wish I’d had the scratch to buy more that day!

1 hour ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

That’s right Bob; Lees comics was the seller. I remember him telling me it came out of Palo Alto. Wish I’d had the scratch to buy more that day!

Super nice one you got there. Thats the kind of color I was hoping for on mine. 

12 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Yeah, that's how I felt the day way back in the early 1970's when Chuckie turned up at the Casual Con in Buena Park with the first batch of Church copies for sale...:sorry:

44 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Here’s a couple more earlier Actions. They don’t quite have the sparkle of the 34 but are still nice books. The edge tanning on both of these starts to detract from the color a bit and on the 36 really dulls down the white logo background.C9BCEC43-2B76-4F7C-AB18-A6227845F7AA.jpeg.27568218d0f87210229754b7dc8ee214.jpeg84D3C00D-32DE-4E98-B289-BDA67039F5E1.jpeg.e75f9e915a416f07238be3ac5cb1ee9f.jpeg

Both beauties and ones I've yet to aquire!

21 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:
22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow! That’s a pretty one! Was that from Lee Hestor’s Palo Alto collection? 

The "Palo Alto" Pedigree collection was discovered Lee in 2000 and consisted of comics from the 1950s.  This book is from a different find.

14 hours ago, adamstrange said:

The "Palo Alto" Pedigree collection was discovered Lee in 2000 and consisted of comics from the 1950s.  This book is from a different find.

Yes he didn’t say it was a pedigree; it was a group of as I recall; 20-30 Superman and Action comics from an original owner in Palo Alto. I struggled mightily to pick just one and still think of a couple Superman issues I wish I could have bought.