• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious how long will my comic be finished

19 posts in this topic

Did you use a facilitator? If so consider contacting them

or email Cgc directly 

CGC is not capable of handling a lot of orders. I have 7 sent in 2 and a half weeks ago, and they're not in receiving yet, and I did fast track on all. If they are going to charge us for fast track, then it needs to be fast track. CGC is clearly ripping us off. 

On 7/28/2020 at 7:59 PM, Christwin2010 said:

I’m hoping someone can tell me when will my 2 comics signed by Chris Claremont and 2 from Frank Miller will be in the status of grading and I sent them in back in March or April? Thanks for your help

Post your tracking form (you can hide the CGC submit # if you are concerned, at least that says where the status of your book is, if it says "received" I would be concerned because if Claremont is signing it should say "in house signing grading"

@Crops068

On 7/28/2020 at 6:59 PM, Christwin2010 said:

I’m hoping someone can tell me when will my 2 comics signed by Chris Claremont and 2 from Frank Miller will be in the status of grading and I sent them in back in March or April? Thanks for your help

I am guessing you did pressing for both?

My Miller sub (with pressing) just went to Grading / QC today, so you should see some movement soon.  This week is week 3 of the 3 week pressing turn around.

Claremont you still have another two weeks at least for the 3 weeks to be fully up for pressing.  Some will see movement in this timeframe as pressing is completed and they move over to grading.  Some that were only sign and grade are already on the way back.

2 hours ago, Martian Manhunter said:

CGC is not capable of handling a lot of orders. I have 7 sent in 2 and a half weeks ago, and they're not in receiving yet, and I did fast track on all. If they are going to charge us for fast track, then it needs to be fast track. CGC is clearly ripping us off. 

Your estimated turnaround time begins when it hits received status.  "days" refers to business days.  So if the Fast Track turnaround time is 15 "days", that's really 3 weeks.  If it's not in received status, then the books are likely still sitting in a shipping box waiting to be entered by their receiving department.

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Your estimated turnaround time begins when it hits received status.  "days" refers to business days.  So if the Fast Track turnaround time is 15 "days", that's really 3 weeks.  If it's not in received status, then the books are likely still sitting in a shipping box waiting to be entered by their receiving department.

That's precisely why I think they are purposefully holding stuff to not put into "receiving", just so the time doesn't count for fast track, even though we are in fact paying for it. If that's the case, then they should either hire more people if they're that busy, or get rid of fast track if they can't handle it. 

Edited by Martian Manhunter

22 minutes ago, Martian Manhunter said:

That's precisely why I think they are purposefully holding stuff to not put into "receiving", just so the time doesn't count for fast track, even though we are in fact paying for it. If that's the case, then they should either hire more people if they're that busy, or get rid of fast track if they can't handle it. 

What if “fast track” is still 4-5x faster than regular?  Isn’t that what you’re paying for?

25 minutes ago, revat said:

What if “fast track” is still 4-5x faster than regular?  Isn’t that what you’re paying for?

Not really. Fast track should be no more than 2 weeks. Mine have been there and not put into receiving for 2 weeks. Tomorrow will be 15 days...That's not worth the extra fast track charge that I'm paying for 8 comics total. Again, they need to hire more people, and at more places than just Sarasota, Florida. CGC just seems so caveman to me...This whole process is in fact.

I agree with @revat.  "Fast Track" is merely intended to be faster than normal service.  If you want a more immediate service, then you would probably pay for Express or Walkthrough (if you were are a convention).

Secondly, a lot of businesses are likely impacted by Covid which has in turn slowed down some services.  You could hire part time workers to make up for it, but no one's trying to make the workspace more dense currently, they're trying to do the opposite.  Additionally, why hire extra staff for something that is expected to be a short term (less than a year) hiccup?  I can't imagine many businesses expect (or hope) to be in this same situation come July 2021.  It just means that when service returns to some normalcy, they'll be overstaffed.

And lastly, I've just learned to accept it.  Do I really need my book back this week vs two months from now?  Not really.  The anticipation lies in finally seeing the grade.  But in terms of safety, CGC's about as safe a place outside my own home that my book can be.  What I REALLY worry about, is when it leaves CGC and spends 2 weeks making it's way through the delivery service because they definitely don't treat your books as well as CGC does.

1 hour ago, Martian Manhunter said:

Not really. Fast track should be no more than 2 weeks. Mine have been there and not put into receiving for 2 weeks. Tomorrow will be 15 days...That's not worth the extra fast track charge that I'm paying for 8 comics total. Again, they need to hire more people, and at more places than just Sarasota, Florida. CGC just seems so caveman to me...This whole process is in fact.

If you have well constructed criticism, I don’t think there’s any harm in making some direct suggestions to Cgc as a paying customer.  Ask some questions, make some suggestions, let them know how you feel.  That’s how companies identify priorities of customers and get better.

i do agree the website could be clearer in some cases, but I would also do some more consideration of all the business aspects before making your complaint

On 7/30/2020 at 5:57 PM, revat said:

If you have well constructed criticism, I don’t think there’s any harm in making some direct suggestions to Cgc as a paying customer.  Ask some questions, make some suggestions, let them know how you feel.  That’s how companies identify priorities of customers and get better.

i do agree the website could be clearer in some cases, but I would also do some more consideration of all the business aspects before making your complaint

It's just crazy man. They've now had my comics for a month now on fast track. Kind of defeats the purpose of fast track. It's just unacceptable to me. 

On 7/30/2020 at 5:03 PM, ExNihilo said:

I agree with @revat.  "Fast Track" is merely intended to be faster than normal service.  If you want a more immediate service, then you would probably pay for Express or Walkthrough (if you were are a convention).

Secondly, a lot of businesses are likely impacted by Covid which has in turn slowed down some services.  You could hire part time workers to make up for it, but no one's trying to make the workspace more dense currently, they're trying to do the opposite.  Additionally, why hire extra staff for something that is expected to be a short term (less than a year) hiccup?  I can't imagine many businesses expect (or hope) to be in this same situation come July 2021.  It just means that when service returns to some normalcy, they'll be overstaffed.

And lastly, I've just learned to accept it.  Do I really need my book back this week vs two months from now?  Not really.  The anticipation lies in finally seeing the grade.  But in terms of safety, CGC's about as safe a place outside my own home that my book can be.  What I REALLY worry about, is when it leaves CGC and spends 2 weeks making it's way through the delivery service because they definitely don't treat your books as well as CGC does.

Faster than normal service? They've had several orders of mine that sat in their mail box for 2 weeks alone. It's now been over a month now, which is the same as not paying for fast track. It's simply a rip off, and if they can't handle it, then don't charge people. Or, open another building in the west USA somewhere. Split your customers. Have people in the west USA send theirs to CGC-west, and people in the eastern USA, send theirs to CGC-east. That simple. CGC is so caveman to me. This whole process is.

Also, on the main page of this website, it clearly says; "CGC remains open, and fully operational". Well, from what you're saying, their basically lying then. Covid or not, there's just no excuse. I spent a total of $100 on fast track charge because of all the orders I have down there.

I simply cannot accept paying for fast track, only to have my books gone for over a month. It's a rip off.

4 hours ago, Martian Manhunter said:

CGC is so caveman to me. This whole process is.

If you believe a business is failing its duties and that a better service can be provided, there is certainly a market space for it.  Round up some funding and open a competing entity to take business share away from CGC.  It worked for Hakkasan Group in Las Vegas after all (can't find the article, but basically ultra wealthy guy got upset because he didn't get the table he wanted at another nightclub and basically said he was going to make a bigger and better club.  Now most of the major clubs on the Strip are owned by his investment group).

6 hours ago, Martian Manhunter said:

Faster than normal service? They've had several orders of mine that sat in their mail box for 2 weeks alone. It's now been over a month now, which is the same as not paying for fast track. It's simply a rip off, and if they can't handle it, then don't charge people. Or, open another building in the west USA somewhere. Split your customers. Have people in the west USA send theirs to CGC-west, and people in the eastern USA, send theirs to CGC-east. That simple. CGC is so caveman to me. This whole process is.

Also, on the main page of this website, it clearly says; "CGC remains open, and fully operational". Well, from what you're saying, their basically lying then. Covid or not, there's just no excuse. I spent a total of $100 on fast track charge because of all the orders I have down there.

I simply cannot accept paying for fast track, only to have my books gone for over a month. It's a rip off.

You know, if this is the <WORST> thing that has happened to you in the last two months, I would say that you must have a very nice life. If there was something worse, then look up the definition of "perspective".